So I have to say that I had a pretty great Valentine's Day afterall. My sweetheart totally pulled a fast one on me. When I left him yesterday morning, we had no plans for Valentine's with a) the weather and b) his brother flying home.
It was around 4:45 yesterday afternoon. I was at work and had MSN messenger on (as per usual). I went to the restroom on my break and came back to my desk and saw an orange bar blinking at me on my screen. Ryan had come online and sent me a message while I was away from my desk. He told me he was back home now, that he had picked up his brother Brad and his girlfriend Amy at the airport and they had no problems getting in. He wished me Happy Valentine's Day and then asked me if I'd like to go out to dinner. I was all like "Wow, sure, but it's pretty bad out there with the storm". He then told me he had made reservations for us and Brad and Amy at El Burrito Loco for 8 p.m., seeing as I was scheduled to work until 7. I hate Mexican food, but I figured this was so amazingly sweet of him, that I can't turn it down! I told him I would love to go, but that I didn't know if I could have a shower and be ready in time (remember, we had no plans, so I didn't think I'd have to prepare to go out after work), that I really didn't want to drive anywhere and that just the thought of me driving home from work in that storm was making me nervous. He told me no problem, that they would come and pick me up. I said to myself "Screw this working thing, I'm going home "sick" " and that I did for the last hour and a half of my shift, lol.
I went home and had a shower, did my hair and make up and selected an outfit to wear out to dinner. You see, this was a huge deal, because Ryan and I rarely get to go out for dinner, a couple times a year if we're lucky. I also hadn't seen Brad, his brother in a long, long time and had never met his new girlfriend, so I was a little nervous about the "date" too.
There's a knock on my door and I open it and find Ryan there with flowers and gifts and a card. I almost started bawling right there, lol, it was so sweet! We set the items inside on the dinning room table and then went out to the truck and drove to the restaurant.
I was relieved to know that Amy, Brad's girlfriend was not a fan of Mexican food either, so I wasn't the only one! lol. I had a chicken and cheese quesedilla and a Rickard's Red...in honor of Valentine's Day. Us ladies also received a chocolate rose at the restaurant.
Brad dropped Ryan and I off at my place and we went home and had some wine and gourged on chocolate...Goodbye Weight Watchers last night! LOL. It was a fabulous evening, despite the poor selection of restaurant. Thanks so much My Valentine! I love you! :)
"The weather outside is frightfull" still right now. Brad was supposed to pick Ryan up at my place this morning, but when Ryan called him, he told him that he didn't think he could get out of the driveway. My awesome Dad had his friend plow me out last night, so my yard wasn't too bad. We just had to shovel off the steps and un-bury my car. The rest of the shovelling and digging out at my place will have to be done tonight, but as far as us being snowed in, we were in pretty good shape. I managed to arrange an "arrive late" to work this morning, so that we could get the car out and that I could take Ryan home to his parent's place. The roads in town weren't too bad, but once we hit the Hanwell Road it got crazy bad...especially at the top of the hill. We get to Ryan's parent's place and there is WAY more snow out there than what we got in town and there are insanely huge chunks of ice at the end of the driveway. Brad wasn't kidding, there was no getting out. They were planning on going skiing today, but their plans have changed to shovelling all day, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment