Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bad Shifts...

Today is going to be a long day at work. Today is shift bid day for me. I'm not looking forward to this at all. With the merge of Brand A and Brand B with my company, the shift bid is all messed up. As of late yesterday they were out of weekends off and up to start times at noon. I was expecting to be working nights and weekends, but it still sucks to know that that is a definate now. It sucks also knowing that you're just a number to your company and that your seven years of service means nothing. Anyway, end of rant here.

I made homemade turkey soup when I got home from work last night. It was super yummy...but it was no pancakes and sausages! After I cleaned up the house for a bit and let my soup cool enough to put in the fridge, I went out to Ryan's parent's house to spend the evening with him. His parent's will be home from Arizona in a couple more weeks, so I'll be savoring my "retreats" to their house from here on out, lol.

I asked Ryan jokingly if he made pancakes for supper and he goes "What is up with this pancakes for supper stuff today...every church I passed by today said Pancake Supper tonight out front". I told him it was Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day and he said he'd never heard of such a thing as pancakes for supper! LOL.

No comments: