Holy crap-ola! Is this cold snap that we've had for the past 3 or 4 weeks ever going to leave us!?! This is insane! It's -18 out there right now, but with the windchill it feels like -30! I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or because I've lost 65 lbs and don't have as much blubber on me to keep me warm, or what, but I'm really finding this winter harder on me than any other.
I went shopping with my Dad last night. I went with him to help him pick out a gift for my Mom for Valentine's Day. I have got to say that I have got THE best Dad on the planet! He bought me a new microwave while we were out! I told him he didn't need to do that and he said he wanted to, for his other Valentine...awh how sweet! He's currently planning a trip, taking my brother to Montreal this summer for a Nascar race, so he said he wanted to do something for me now too.
My microwave sort of blew up so to speak, the week that I was off work with my face injury from fainting. They're building a new warehouse by my house and there was a power surge in the power lines during construction, and that well, fried my microwave. It happened right at supper time too, like 5 minutes before I went to use it. I was PO'd to say the least. My parent's had a little cheap one sitting in their basement that I was currently using in it's place, that has the dial that you crank to operate it, no power selection setting, no defrost, as basic of a microwave that you can get. It was super annoying to use because you couldn't defrost anything in it, as it just cooked it and if you were making a bag of popcorn, you couldn't just stick it in and walk away from it for 3 minutes. You had to stay right there with it the whole time, doing like 3 - 3 minute intervals just to pop the bag.
Thanks again Dad, I love you! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are so spoiled....hee hee hee. yes, it has been super cold and it isn't just you. what an awesome weight noss you have had. you look great by the way. like a new person. having fun with b brand and the new system? see you at work.....poet
Post a Comment