...or "Pancake Day". Pancakes were never really a big favorite of mine. We always had eggs more often than we did pancakes when I was a kid, and that was always just fine with me. I never really disliked pancakes, but never really enjoyed them much either. Once in a blue moon, like once a year maybe, I get a craving for pancakes. Today is one of those days and I know exactly why. Because it's pancake day and I can't have any.
I went up to visit my parent's for a bit last night, as I hadn't seen them on our usual Sunday dinner day. They told me that they were both volunteering at their church tonight for the church's pancake supper. My Dad is in charge of the most important thing...making the pancakes, but I'm not sure what my Mom will be doing. Last night my Mom says to me "You and Ryan should come to the church for the pancake supper". We won't be going as it's over at 6:30 and I don't get off work until 6:15...and because pancakes and sausages are a big "Red Light" when it comes to Weight Watchers. I'm shuddering right now to think of how many calories that meal would consist of.
Anyway, since I left my parent's place last night, that's all I've been thinking about...pancakes and sausages, and how badly I want to eat both of them right now! LOL. It's so weird because as I said, I don't really enjoy pancakes and I know the only reason I'm craving them, is because I can't have them. I have Mick Jagger saying in my head right now "You can't always get what you want", lol.
By the way, I was curious and looked up the meaning of the word shrove...yes I never knew what it meant all these years. I knew that Shrove Tuesday was all about giving up something for lent for 40 days before Easter, but I never really knew what the word "shrove" itself meant. The definition is "to hear the confession (of a person)". Um...confess to what? Their addiction to pancakes? LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment