Friday, February 9, 2007

Long and Short, Anna Nicole and Maine

TGIF! This has been both a long and short week...if that's possible, lol. My classroom days this past week flew by, but yesterday dragged on. Here's hoping today goes by quickly!

So was anyone else floored by the news of Anna Nicole Smith passing away? I was flipping through the channels last night just before Angela got to my place for Survivor and I caught the last like 30 seconds of Entertainment Tonight before they went to a commercial, and found out that way. It's not like Anna Nicole was my idol or anything, I guess I was just floored by her death, because she's been in the media so much for the past six months or so.

While I was having some breakfast this morning, they were talking about her death on Canada AM and the host was asking some magazine editor why we were all so "into" her. The magazine editor said it was impossible not to be, that she lived a very bizarre life (to say the least)! The thing that I want to know about it, is what's going to happen to her baby?

They showed clips of the baby on Larry King last night and she is the spitting image of this Larry Birkhead guy who is right now filing emergency orders for a paternity test. Anna Nicole's sister was on Larry King last night as well and she said she is going to make sure that Howard K. Stern does not raise that baby and that she believes he is not the father...something nobody believed, really.

Tomorrow I'm planning on heading to the great state of Maine with my friend Shelly. We're in search of good deals and American grocery items that you can't get here in Canada. I discovered a coffee about 3 years ago once when I was in Maine and have been addicted to it ever since. I've got maybe 3 brewing pots worth of it left, so I'll be stocking up on that while I'm there. My parents love American turkeys, so I'll be bringing one of those back and my father has instructed me not to come back without some Bush's baked beans, lol.

No comments: