So the weekend didn't turn out to be as eventfull as anticipated. Friday night I went and bought a turkey in order to have two days for it to thaw out, with the plans of having Ryan's brother and his girlfriend over for dinner on Sunday. I then went home, made something quick to eat and then went up to my parent's place and did laundry until 11 p.m.
Saturday morning I got up and went and paid bills (always a fun time I tell ya), stopped at the Dollar Store for a couple of things, then at Tim Horton's to bring back a coffee for Ryan and I. In the afternoon I cleaned the house and made baked haddock and cheesey-scalloped potatoes for dinner (no, I was not in attendance at the wedding...didn't end up going as the argument of no "formal" invitation won over the decision).
In the evening I went up to Walmart and picked up some thread to make drawstring purses for myself and the two bridesmaids in Carrie's wedding. We got some extra material for me to do this with, when the material for our dresses to be made out of was picked out/up. I just forgot to pick myself up some thread at the time. I didn't end up making the purses on Saturday night as planned, but atleast I've started thinking about it, and picked up the thread, lol. Later that night Ryan and I watched some Mad TV, Saturday Night Live and I made some pita pizzas for us at around 1 a.m. I'm getting old because it's been a while since I've stayed up so late on a Saturday night, lol.
Sunday I slept in until almost 11 a.m., which is really unusual for me, as I can't seem to sleep in past 9 a.m. anymore. I guess staying up until well after 2 a.m. the night before helped me stay in bed longer, lol. The whole "having Brad and Amy over for dinner" thing was a bust yesterday. They didn't arrive back to Ryan's parent's house until after 3 in the afternoon yesterday after staying at the hotel where the wedding reception was held. They were not in the best of shape and opted to rest up for their return trip home today, rather than come over for dinner. I was disappointed upon hearing that they wouldn't be making it over, after organizing a big turkey dinner, but I understood that they were here for a special occasion and took full advantage of the occasion.
So dinner last night was a massive turkey supper for two, Ryan and I. We will be eating turkey leftovers for a couple of weeks I think, lol. I made a pot pie for dinner tonight and I think I'm going to make a big batch of turkey soup tonight. Hopefully with those usuages of turkey and then with turkey sandwiches this week, the bird won't be lingering around my place too much longer, lol.
On an end note, after talking about Carrie's wedding with the mentioning of the purses, It's hard to belive that my best friend is getting married in a matter of weeks. It seems like yesterday that she told me her and Chris were going away to Niagara-on-the-Lake for their one year anniversary and I told her to have a good trip and to call me when she got home and was engaged! LOL. I really had no clue that Chris was going to pop the question to her then, I had just been teasing her for a while saying he was going to propose to her on this trip and I guess my intuition was right, because he did! It has been an absolute pleasure helping you plan this wedding Carrie and I'm honored that you trust me to make such huge decisions regarding your wedding for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment