The weekends are never long enough! They just pass by so quickly!
Friday night I made pita pizzas and caesar salad for Ryan and I for supper. He was a little leary of this "diet style" pizza, but rather enjoyed them. I then talked to Shelly on the phone for a bit and we hashed out our plans to travel to Maine the following day.
I rose early on Saturday morning and was at Shelly's place by 9:30 to head to Houlton, ME. There was quite a line up of cars waiting to cross into the US when we hit the boarder, but we only had to wait a short time and had no problem crossing over.
We hit Mardens first. I found a few deals, but didn't leave with an abundance of items. I got a pair of Old Navy jeans for $1.00. They're not very nice and I don't think I'd ever wear them in public, but they're good for house cleaning and laundry days. I also got a pair of Calvin Klein jeans for $13 (which I love), a fridge magnet that's of a bulldog for my brother and a really cool salad bowl thingy that has a cover that snaps on and handles for carrying it, perfect for potlucks, for $3.
We then had some lunch and headed to Walmart. I didn't get too much here, some Vaseline bath beads, which aren't really "beads" and a few grocery items. Shelly scored a super cute pair of sandals for her daughter for only $3!
Next off to the Shop and Save supermarket, where I had a hard time restraining myself from over-buying. I left with $80 worth of grocery items, but would have left with double that amount as I was originally buying two of everything that we couldn't get here in Canada. I put the majority of "seconds" back, realizing I was spending way too much, lol.
We hit the Canadian boarder at about 5:30 and saw that there were absolutely no cars waiting to cross back. I thought to myself "Lovely, we're definately getting hauled in to pay the tax and duty". We pull up to the window and woman asked us the typical "What's your citizenship, how long were you in the US, whadya buy etc." We told her and she said "Ok, you're all set". I couldn't believe it...she was letting us off! I figured for sure since there were no other cars waiting, that we'd be going in to pay. It was awesome!
After I got back to Fredericton and dropped Shelly off, I went up to my parent's place to deliver their turkey and my dad's Bush's baked beans, lol. I stayed and visited with them for about an hour or so and then headed home. Ryan was at a Bachelor party on Saturday night, so I just took it easy and went to bed early. Ryan arrives home at around 2 a.m. after having a good night out with his buddies. We got up yesterday and had a big breakfast, then I took him to pick up his truck and I headed to my parent's house to do laundry.
I went to the mall yesterday afternoon with my parents as they wanted to buy a wedding gift for Carrie and Chris, using the Sears registry they set up. They weren't sure how to do it, so I went along and helped them. While I was at Sears, I tried on a couple of dresses, as I need one to wear to the rehersal. I tried on four and all of them were too big! It was a nice feeling, knowing that my hard work with Weight Watchers is paying off, but it was also disappointing that the dresses I'd chosen were all too big.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment