Thursday, February 1, 2007

The End Is Near

I hadn't even walked to my desk yet this morning when Jim, a supervisor here at work stops me in the aisle. Remember a while back how (it would have been on my old blog) how I'd mentioned that the brand that I work for (I'll call it Brand A) is moving their operations from Fredericton to Mexico, but all hope was not lost, as another brand the company owns (I'll call Brand B) was taking us on.
Anyway, Jim asks me "Kelly, have you had your Brand B training yet"? I say with a laugh "No, I'm trying to prolong it, as long as possible". I've worked for Brand A for seven years, so I'm extremely comfortable taking their calls (not that I actually enjoy my job though) and know the company policies inside out, so I'm not looking forward to switching brands.
Jim then says "Well, we just found out yesterday that next week is the last week that Fredericton will be handling Brand A, so we have to get everyone trained for Brand B by the end of next week".
He then tells me that there's two training sessions and that training will be either Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday or Thursday, Friday and Saturday...and they may be nights. He asks if there's a day training available if I'd prefer that, to which I was stressed yes!. I also said I prefer Monday-Wednesday as opposed to working the weekend.
You see, I anticipate that I'll be working nights and weekends in another month's time, being a "newbie" with Brand B and with the restructuring of our center. I want to have as many evenings and weekends free as I can from now until then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeek, i must come in today and find out what is going to become of me. i had not heard anything before i left at the end of my shift wednesday evening. last i heard from the 'front office' (smoking area), march 14 was the cut off day for brand A calls. hmmm, do they even really know? oh and what about that shift bid thingy? i am placed on the third day, that is bad, right? i am going to be on nights, right? it is going to so suck, isn't it? pfffffffffffffffft. poet.