Friday, March 30, 2007

Mixed Emotions

Today is a day of mixed emotions. My supervisor "A" is finished work today. With the whole merging crap here at work, her job was fizzled out. "A" has been my supervisor for over a year here, which is a pretty good track record at this place because it's not uncommon to change supervisor's atleast 3 times a year. "A" is the same age as me, we graduated high school together and her desk was right behind mine. We became friends over the past year of working together and I'm very sad to see her leave here today. I know I hate my job so badly, but I love some of the people here and that's what makes the days here bearable. "A" just left and I said farewell to her about 10 minutes ago and we both got a little teary eyed. In fact, I'm still a little teary eyed right now, writing this entry. I know I'll see her again, we've said we'll go for a coffee or something after I get finished with the busy-ness of Carrie's wedding.

On the completely opposite end of the spectrum, I am SUPER excited and happy today too because my Carrie girl arrives into town tonight! I can't wait to see her! She should arrive at around supper time (they're driving down, left yesterday at supper time) and I'm heading up to her parent's house after I get off work at 9 tonight.

Tomorrow night is STAGETTE night! I'm throwing a stagette for Carrie at my place with lots of fun games and food and drinks and then we're heading out to the bars for one more night on the town as a single gal. It should be a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean about supervisor A. she has been great to me. i will miss her, and i have told her so. i hope that she enjoys whatever she plans to take on in her future.

have fun at the stagette. take it easy on the wine (or what-have-you).
LOL. ought to be a great itme had by all. congrats to your friend, carrie, for us. she is so fortunate to have such a wonderful friend like you to help look after her special time.