Ok, so I just got into work and I'm a little miffed. I have a "reserved" desk at work. It's the one and only perk of having worked here for over 7 years...at the 5 year mark I earned my own desk. It's nice to have - to be able to leave a framed picture here on my desk, to leave my own stuff here, like a pen cup, etc...you know, just basic stuff. The woman who sits directly behind me has a "reserved" desk too, but hers is designated as a medical desk - meaning that everything is set for her - the height of the desk itself, the monitor, the chair, etc. She has a placard on the front of her station that says medical desk, the same as I have one that says reserved desk - which in lammens terms means "Don't sit here".
Well, we come in this morning and on B's desk (the medical desk lady) someone over the weekend took her sign and wrote on it "Guess what, too bad, there is no more medical pods - live with it". I was floored because her desk was issued and set up for her by our HR department. They also took B's mouse from her computer. I then sit down at my desk and see that someone has done the same thing to my desk and they also decided to take my scissors out of my pen cup and start cutting up random things on my desk. that's along with strewing my sh*t everywhere. It looked like a typhoon hit my desk.
Ever since the B Brand staff moved into our center and we merged, it's almost like we're dealing with elementary kids here now. They (most of them) have 'tudes up the ying yang and obviously no respect for anyone whatsoever. When we were all A Brand here in this center, we were one big family - we all respected one another and made things go as smoothly as we could here. We worked together. Now it's almost as if we're working against each other. A Brand versus B Brand. It really pi$$es me off that in this day in age, people have no respect for anyone else and it's all about *me* and what makes *me* happy. I'm so sick of this. I run into this everyday. With the B Brand rivals, with the customers I deal with, with people in general. Nobody says "Goodmorning" when you walk by now, nobody says "Have a nice day" etc. What is going on with today's society has the custom of common courteousy gone out the window? Is this something that no one instills in their children anymore?
I'm thankful that my parents taught me the morals and values that they did and that I'm the person who I am today. I have respect for others and a general concern about people. If I hear that someone is ill for example and I don't even know them, my heart still goes out to them. This morning I had to stop by the post office to mail a package out to Carrie. I held the door open for someone, I approached the postal clerk with a "good morning" and said my pleases and thank-you's. I'm just wondering if her next customer of the day (I was the only one in there at the time) would do the same?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi kelly: this is from kathy..."as a Bbrand agent, and a mature adult, when i sit at yvonne's, marta's or karen's pods, i am extremely careful to see that everything is left EXACTLY in the manner to which i found it. I repect the fact that we came over to the Aside, and while we are now all working for the same company, Abrand was at that site first. i am sorry that your desk was messed with. had i seen them doing it, regardless of their brand, i would have notified a supervisor, immediately. this mereger has been hard on all of us, and i had hoped that we all, as adults, could adjust better. by the way, you are lookin' great :)"
my turn, m here. i believe alot of what kathy said it so true. having only been here a little over 2 years, but having a medical desk, is important to me. hr set mine up, and it is like a little scent free zone where i am. i see no reason for people to mess with things that do not belong to them, just for the sake of. this merger has been hard on everybody, both sides. but there are enough pods for everyone, without destroying personal property. i noticed when i first started here, that agents i never even knew would smile and say good morning. i have n't seen that since january. i htought it was just me. i have also noticed little changes outside in the 'front office" smoking area, is alot more butt ridden, and there are 2 extra containers for butts for we smokers. i have seen more than one agent just toss their flaming butt on the ground and walk away. that kind of pisses me off. keep it clean is my theory. we are lucky to still have an area to smoke. let us not ruin that too. i have tried to be freindly, but some times it just isn't that easy. i had an issue with a Bbrand agent and a 2 litre of hand lotion a week ago. i politely asked her not to use it, as i was highly allergic, and it would send me into an asthma attack. she said > "so what, i have asthma too, and it done'st bother me!", and continued to use it. i went outsidse to get fresh air, and mentioned it to m the supervisor, who then went in and got her to wash it off, explaining the reason behind the request. guess what? k was in a meeting with the same offender, and over heard her saying how awful it was that some girl complained about her lotion, and a supervisor made her go wash it off. um, scent reduced means the same thing for both companies. she was a BBrand agent with no tact whatsoever. k stuck up for me and said that it would make me very sick, to which she replied in the same manner that she had with me, so what...no biggie.
there is no respect in our centre anymore. there was a little matter of 9 1 1 being called on my behalf, due because a Bbrand agent scented me, sheesh.
i know, off topic here. we ought to be glad we still have a place to go to work. it could have just as easily been budget close completely and then where would they have gone? for me, i like having a place to go to work, and collecting a paycheque every two weeks. we both do. if not for this company, k and i would not have our home. plain and simple. lets all try and get along to make it as much 'fun' as possible, without tearing stuff apart. gawd. we deal with enough f-tards on the phone, without classifying our co workers as such.
Post a Comment