Another weekend completely gone in no time! Only two more weekends left for me, before I start working them :(.
Friday night was crazy with the weather. The roads were terrible and I was a little scared driving home from work. I called my brother when I got home and asked him if he wanted to pick me up (in his 4x4 [while he still has it - he's getting a brand spankin new Mustang in two weeks :)]) and take me up to mom and dad's, because I needed to borrow their computer printer in order to start printing up the programs for Carrie's wedding. Being the awesome brother that he is, he came and got me and took me up, then drove me back home afterwards :).
Saturday I got up and spent two (yes TWO) hours shovelling my driveway. It was so heavy and saturated with water, making it just like lead. It took me 45 minutes just to get the crap at the end of the driveway where the plow went by. Despite my misery in shovelling, it was a gorgeous day with the tempurature reaching +7 and the sun beating all day. You'd never know that we just got hit with a nasty storm the night before, judging by Saturday's weather.
After I was finished shovelling, I talked to Angela on the phone for a bit and we made plans to go shopping for stationary for the programs for Carrie and stationary for invitations for Angela's wedding this coming June.
I started up the printer and loaded a bunch of paper and set it loose to print off a few program pages while I had a shower. I got out of the shower to find that the dang printer had quit half way through. I figured it needed ink because when I removed the cartridge it felt pretty empty.
Angela and I were on our way and shopped til we almost dropped all afternoon, hitting numerous stores including stops at Walmart and the Dollarama. It was fun though, I LOVE shopping and would do it every day if I could afford it! LOL.
I dropped Angela and her parcels off at her place and went back to my house to try and get the printer going. I changed the ink cartridge with one I'd picked up earlier in the day and let it loose. It was acting like it was printing, with the carriage moving back and forth and sounding like it was printing, but no ink was coming out. The printer is offically now junk. It's broken and the cost of repair would be more than a new one. I feel horrible because it was my parent's printer and it broke while in my possession. I feel obligated to buy them a new one, but can't afford to right now :(. My Dad didn't seem too concerned over it when I told him what happened, but I still feel terrible about it. I'm just going to have to photocopy the pages for the program now and hope that Carrie's OK with that. I'm sure she will be.
Angela came over to my place after my whole printer fiasco for supper and we then did pedicures while watching a movie. Ryan was at Crabbe Mountain skiing all day, so it was nice to have a girl's day together. I'm going to miss those days when Angela moves to San Diego after her wedding.
Yesterday was laundry day. I also went for a little drive with my parent's to the village of Harvey. It was a little sad because Ryan's parent's used to have a camp on Harvey Lake, which they sold last summer and I haven't been to Harvey since. I absolutely loved it out there at the camp and miss it so much!
Tonight I'm going out for supper with the girls and then heading out to Ryan's parent's place afterwards to see him after his first day of work :). His parent's are supposed to come home from Arizona tomorrow, so this will be the final "retreat" to their place for a while, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment