Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dresses

Yah, so I had the first of 3 dress fittings for my gown for Carrie's wedding last night. It only took like 5 minutes, but what a pain the arse it was to get to the seamstress's house (it was on creepy private land that I felt I needed a 4X4 to get into)!

She only measured around my waist and not my hips or my bust, which I though was strange, because I got thinking to myself "Wouldn't she have needed my hips measurement for the skirt of my dress (it's a 2 piece) and the bust measurement for the top to fit properly? I mean, I'm not an expect, but I sew a little. I've made clothes before and I made some drawstring purses out of the same material as our dresses, for us girls to carry during the wedding reception. I also made the skirt portion of our dresses because I was going to make all 3 of ours, but I told Carrie that I didn't think I'd have time to do 3 with everything else and I didn't want to chance making any mistakes on them, so that's why we've got this seamstress lady.

Last fall, she gave Carrie the list of things to buy for the dresses and didn't put zippers on the list (for the skirt). I told Carrie we needed them. Carrie goes "Well, H (seamstress lady) didn't put them on the list, so she must not need them". I said "Carrie - trust me, we NEED them. Without them, our skirts won't stay up. I've made that skirt remember" and then I took it out and showed her. Carrie then calls H and tells her about the zippers. H goes, "Oh did I forget those...Yah we need those...We'll I'll go pick them up for you".

Last night H says to me "I'd like to get the dresses finished by the end of March". I looked at her strangely and go "Ah....yah, cause that next weekend...IS THE WEDDING". DUH!!! Man, I don't have a good feeling about this - I dunno about H, this seamstress lady. I just pray that everything turns out alright! We're really down to the crunch now!

No comments: