Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Geez...enough Old Man Winter!!!

Oh My Good Gawd it's cold out there! Geez...wasn't it just like 4 days ago that it was +7 degrees? Now it's something like -25 with the wind chill?!? It took me all of like 2 minutes at the very most to walk into work from my car and my fingers are still tingling as they're starting to dethaw...and that was with gloves on! This is crazy, I am SO done with winter...not that I was ever "with" it to begin win, lol.

So last night after I got off work, I headed up to Swiss Chalet and had a great dinner with Angela and Sherri (Sherri it was so good to see you by the way (I don't think I told you that) - it had been too long since I'd last seen you)! The meal was great, totally hit the spot and I was plugged full when I left the restaurant.

From there I drove out to see Ryan and surprised him with a card and some mini cupcakes. I wanted to get him a small cake to celebrate his first day on the job, but I went to Sobey's and found these mini cupcakes that worked out to 2 Weight Watcher points per cupcake, so that won over the decision to buy a cake (I had two of them later on, after I wasn't so full from supper anymore...and they were de-lish).

Ryan's first day seemed to go well, although he found it a little long. Understandably as he was basically in a study period yesterday, learning all the ins and outs of the vehicles he'll be pushing. There was another salesman who started yesterday as well, so Ryan's been able to work with him, go to lunch with him, etc. Overall I think he had a good day.

His parent's fly in from Arizona tonight at 11:30 p.m. I imagine Ryan will be exhausted tomorrow as it will more than likely be around 1 a.m. before they get home and he's got to be to work at 8 a.m.

No comments: