This will more than likely be my last entry of 2006, so to mark the occasion I decided to do a 2006 Year-In-Review. It was hard to think back to events from the beginning of the year and I'm sure I'm forgetting important things that happened, but here's what I could come up with. Enjoy and all the very best to you and yours in 2007!
January
-The new year started for Ryan and I by waking up at my friend Kim's house, after she hosted a great New Year's Eve party.
-The federal election saw the Conservatives defeat the Liberals, but Canada still ended up with a minority government
February
-My father celebrated his birthday on the 3rd.
-My best friend Carrie came home from Ontario for a visit and brought her friend and co-worker Tara with her, who had never been to the Maritimes before.
-I hosted a stagette party for Kim while Carrie was here.
-The 2006 Winter Olympic games were held in Torino, Italy.
March
-Kim and Jon got married in Cayo Cocoa, Cuba
-My cat Neo, turned 2
-My nextdoor neighbours had their second baby, another daughter, named Cassidy
April
-Kim threw Angela a surprise 30th birthday party
-Ryan celebrated his birthday on the 13th
-Carrie and Chris came home for a visit (Chris' first time east). Chris was down for a week, Carrie stayed for two.
-Kim and Jon held a wedding reception, allowing friends and family who couldn't make it to Cuba for the wedding, an opportunity to celebrate their union with them.
-Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had a baby girl name "Suri"
May
-I was laying out tanning regulary at the beginning of the month (holy "2006-year of crazy weather"!).
-Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt had a baby girl they named Shiloh (wonder if they've ever been to Manitoba, lol) Nouvel Jolie-Pitt.
June
-I began the Weight Watchers program on June 5th.
-The Carolina Hurricanes won the NHL's Stanley Cup.
July
-My brother celebrated his birthday on the 4th.
-Chris proposed to Carrie while they were vacationing at Niagara-on-the-Lake.
-Carrie's grandmother passed away 2 days after her engagement.
-Pam Anderson and Kid Rock marry several times.
August
-I celebrated my birthday on the 17th.
-Carrie celebrated her birthday on the 8th.
-My friend Sherri and her husband Jamie welcomed their first child, son Tyson James.
-Carrie came home for a visit and we started planning her wedding for April '07, here in Fredericton.
-My neighbours purchased a new home and moved.
-Ryan and I, along with friends, headed to Woodstock to enjoy a weekend of camping and the sounds of the bands Survivor (Eye of the Tiger), Foreigner (Hot Blooded, I Wanna Know What Love Is) and CCR (I don't need to list any of their hits...everyone knows CCR!).
September
-My Mom celebrated her birthday on the 9th.
-Ryan went to Hong Kong to work on a contract with Treasure Island Resort.
-Tie Domi and Belinda Stronach let slip their courtship, which is going to cost Tie Domi in the end, with his messy divorce.
-Dog the Bounty Hunter gets arrested due to fiasco from arresting Andrew Luster in Mexico.
-Steve Irwin "The Crocodile Hunter" dies after getting stung by a sting ray.
-Britney Spears gives birth to her second child, son Jayden James.
-Another Canadian wins the reality show Rockstar. Lukas Rossi wins the opportunity to front the band Rockstar: Supernova.
October
-I found out my job was being taken to Tijuana, Mexico. All hope was not lost as I do get to be transferred to the company's other brand, although I am still not happy about the situation and am still looking for a new job.
-I celebrated a nice Thanksgiving with my parents and my brother.
-I flew to Toronto to visit Carrie for 10 days. During this visit we also ventured over to Buffalo, NY (I was not impressed by this place at all!).
-I made it back to New Brunswick in time for Halloween, where I went to my brother's to pass out treats to the kiddies.
November
-I got a new toilet on Rememberance Day weekend. My dad's friend Scott (a plumber) installed it for me.
-I had all of my Christmas shopping completed and wrapped by the end of Rememberance Day weekend.
-Britney Spears and husband Kevin Federline call it quits.
-Jimmie Johnson wins the Nascar Nextel Cup.
-Michael "Krammer" Richards explodes into a racial tirade while performing at the comedy club "The Laugh Factory".
December
-Carrie arrived home on the 9th for Christmas.
-I threw a bridal shower for Carrie on the 10th.
-Stephane Dion won the Federal Liberal Leadership.
-Baked Christmas treats and also cupcakes as a trial for Carrie's wedding "cupcake cake".
-counted down the days until Ryan arrived home from Hong Kong on the 22nd.
-attended Christmas church service with my parents and then attended Carrie's parent's annual Christmas Eve gathering.
-Celebrated a wonderful Christmas with my family and then again with Ryan.
-Caught Ryan's "Hong Kong Flu", of which I'm still not completely recovered from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you kelly for your thoughts and prayers at this time. we appreciate the prayers and kindness. poet.
Post a Comment