Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Welcome 2007

It's hard to believe that the holidays are now officially over. It's always sad for me at this point - having all the joy and excitement of Christmas and New Year's sucked away. I also hate taking down and packing away all of the Christmas decorations for another year - it solidifies that the season is indeed over. I usually take my tree down on New Years Day, but never got around to it yet...it will probably come down tonight. I sat downstairs last night with the tree all lit up and got a little sad, thinking that this was probably going to be the last night to be able to sit back and admire it's glow and the coziness it lent to the room.

New Year's Eve for Ryan and I was great. My parents took us, along with my brother, out to dinner (annual tradition). This year we enjoyed a fabulous meal and drinks at McGinnis Landing. From there Ryan and I went back to my place and packed up the car to head to Kim and Jon's for the evening. They were hosting a New Year's party again this year and seeing that their place is in Oromocto, Ryan and I opted to spend the night there rather than one of us staying sober in order to drive home, or fighting for hours on the phone trying to reach a cab company. I rarely drink, but New Years is one night that I do like to indulge.

We got to Kim's at around 8-8:30 p.m. and lugged everything into the house. We sat and chatted for about an hour or so, and then Jon's brother Nick and his girlfriend Janet arrived, after having dinner at Brewbaker's. From there Jon's sister Whitney and her boyfriend Tom arrived, then Jon's cousin Art and his wife, two kids and his in-laws. The party with the kiddies left just before midnight and the three couples rang in the new year with kisses to our partners and champaigne toasts. It was a wonderful ringing in of 2007. About 45 minutes or so later, Jon's friend Nick Theriault and his girlfriend Ola arrived. It turns out that Ola graduated high school with Ryan and I, and she just arrived home from the Philippines - having to fly out of Hong Kong...where Ryan just flew home from. We thought that perhaps she was on the same flight as Ryan, but we figured out she arrived home a day before him. Still, it was freaky the co-incidence. I do have some great pictures from the night, which I can hopefully post sometime this week. My parent's computer is wacked and I can't upload my pictures to it. My brother has a great computer, which he'll hopefully allow me use to upload them. :)

On a sad note, my friend "Poet"'s father passed away over the holiday weekend. Click the link on the right hand side that says "Poet's Hideaway" to see her tribute to her dad.

No comments: