Thursday, December 21, 2006

Over Baked

Last night the bake-a-thon was on at my house. It doesn't seem like I made a lot, but the stuff that I did make took a lot of friggin', so it took me a few hours.

I started baking at around 7:30 p.m. At about 8 p.m. my friend Yolanda, who now lives in Edmonton, called me. She's home for Christmas and is trying to round up some of the old gang to get together at Dolan's this upcoming Saturday. We had a nice chat for about a half an hour or so and caught up with each other.

I hung up with Yo and then my friend Mark, who lives in Moncton, called me. He had been talking to Yo earlier and was under the assumption that the weekend get together was going to be hosted by me, at my house. I quickly cleared that up and told him I wasn't hosting and that the tentative plan is to go to Dolan's. He was a little disappointed, as Mark's not really into the bar scene anymore and would prefer to come to my house. I also would prefer the latter, but seeing that Saturday is my first day with Ryan after his return from Hong Kong, I don't want a houseful of people at my place and wishing that they would leave, so I could get some alone time with Ryan. No offense anyone! Just this way, we can go and make an appearance at Dolan's and then leave after a couple of hours. If it were any other time, I would be more than happy to have everyone over!

After talking to Mark on the phone, I picked up baking again and then Carrie stopped in after the movie that she went to with the girls. We sat at the kitchen table and chatted, while I frosted some shortbread cookies. Carrie stayed until about 11 or so and then I continued on with the baked goods.

At the end of the evening by about midnight I had a sinkfull of dishes washed and had 2 pumpkin loaves, oodles of shortbread cookies frosted with vanilla frosting and a cherry on top and a cocoa krispie roll made (my brother's favorite...he begs me to make it for him every year, but it's such a pain in the a$$ to make!). I was impressed with what I had got done, considering everything I had done in between baking. I was hoping to make a couple of more things, but just couldn't fit it in.

Tonight Carrie, Andrea (one of Carrie's bridesmaids) and Angela are supposed to come over around 8 p.m. If any of you friends reading this would like to join us girls, feel free to come on over! :)

No comments: