It's been a busy weekend, but relaxing also at the same time. It's a shame how quickly they pass by though!
Friday night started with me going to pick Carrie up after I got off work. We went to Pizza Delight for supper and I even managed to stay within my Weight Watcher point range, although yesterday I started the official "Christmas Vacation from Weight Watchers". After dinner, Carrie and I went back to my place and went over the "to-do" list of items for her wedding. I had also been busy creating a program for her wedding and we went over that together to make sure she liked everything I had done with it. Since this is Carrie's last visit home to New Brunswick before her wedding in April, it's unbelievably important that we get done everything that requires her input and her chequebook, lol, then I can take care of everything else for her.
From there we went up to Walmart, seeing as it was open until 11 p.m. (did I hear correctly that this week Walmart is going to be open 24 hours a day?!? craziness!). We picked up some vases for us bridesmaids to place our bouquets in during the wedding reception, got some decorative cording that I'm going to use to make drawstring purses for us girls, using the same material that our dresses are being made from and we bought a whole bolt of fabric to use as the aisle for the ceremony. Seeing as Carrie's wedding is getting done in one whole shot (i.e. marriage and reception both at the hotel), the hotel doesn't really have an aisle per se, so we had to come up with something that would work.
Saturday morning saw me hit the farmer's market with my brother. It was windy out, but it was so worth it to taste the goodness of a fresh donair and a tasty treat from the German baker. Enjoying these delicacies made me realize why I got so fat though, lol. Good thing I've changed my habits and enjoy those treats only once in a while.
Saturday afternoon I prepared homemade Mac N Cheese for supper with my family. My father requested Mac N Cheese for Christmas Eve dinner (which I make annually) but my mother would have none of that. She is extremely fussy and picky when it comes to food (she complains that I was as a child...she's WAY worse that me) and said she "didn't like" homemade Mac N Cheese. This coming from a woman who fed us Kraft Dinner every week for lunch when we were kids. My dad is my hero and means the world to me, so I still wanted to make this treat for him. I told him that I would still make it and that mom would either have to swallow her pride and admit that she really does like Mac N Cheese and just didn't want to have that, or she'd have to find an alternative for herself. She found an alternative, lol. She picked up some fried chicken at Sobey's while they were out grocery shopping earlier in the day, lol.
Dinner was great, my dad was in heaven with his meal and it made me happy to give him something that he really wanted, as simple as it may have been. My dad is such a hard working man and devotes his whole life to his family, it was the least I could do.
Saturday evening I went to Kim's house. She was having Carrie and her sister Alisha over for supper, then Angela was heading over as soon as she got home from her trip to Florida. Angela got engaged while in Florida (congrats again Ange!) so we had a great evening sharing some beverages and talking weddings. Sherri came over later in the evening after her Christmas party and it was great to see her too, as I hadn't in a couple of months.
Carrie and I got up to leave Kim's house at around midnight or so, when Kim's inibriated husband Jon (who's a complete sweetheart) came home from a "shed party" with some stragglers who still wanted to party. By the time we finally made it out of Kim's dooryard after saying goodbyes again to everyone and Jon's repeated attempts to get us to stay, it was almost 1 a.m.! Carrie was, well, drunk, but in a happy drunken, giddy state at this point (I had no alcohol and was driving) and she was talking to her fiance on the phone while we drove away. As we were driving up the Lincoln Road (Kim lives in Oromocto) we spotted our friend Shelly's van at the little bar along that road. Her husband Scott works there and Carrie and I hadn't seen him in a while, so we decided to go in and shock the hell out of him, as we would be the last two people he would expect to come in there. Shocked he was indeed. It was funny because we walked in and were all "Hey Scotty, how the hell are you" and so on, and this guy at the bar (who we learned was a "regular") said to us "Ah...he's married you know", to which I replied "Yah I know, I'm going out for supper with his wife on Monday". It was pretty funny, maybe you had to be there.
Carrie had a quick beer at the bar and then we were on our way again. We reached Fredericton's Northside and then Carrie proclaimed that she'd like to have some McDonald's, so we hit the drive-thru and shared some nuggets and fries in the parking lot. I said to Carrie "You know what's funny, I totally feel like I'm in high school again, driving around late at night, eating McDonald's in a parking lot", lol. We had a good laugh and declared that it had been one crazy night. It's times like this that make me realize how lucky I am to have Carrie as my best friend :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like you had an awesome weekend. friends are fantastic. of late, i have grown apart from the friends i had from my previous life, but they are never out of my heart or mind. the holidays fast approaching and i don't feel like celebrating. k's daughter, m told me i was going to GET the christmas spirit if she had to jam it down my throat...lol.
see you at work! poet
Post a Comment