This weekend really brought out the Christmas spirit in me! Friday evening saw freezing rain and snow here in Fredericton. I didn't feeling like going anywhere that evening after I got home from work. I was talking to my mother on the phone and she asked me to come up for a visit. My brother was up at my parent's at the time, so she tried to use that to lure me up, lol. I told her I wasn't going out in the weather again that night and that I was planning on staying home and putting up my Christmas decorations. My family decided that since I wouldn't go to them, so they all came down to my place. It was a wonderful evening, feeling cozy in my living room with the glow of the Christmas lights and the decorations and the tree going up.
Saturday I had plans for lunch and a movie with a couple of friends, but neither of the plans worked out. During the day time hours of Saturday I ran a few errands like getting groceries, going to Green Village and picking up my brother's dog's picture with Santa (which turned out incredibly cute!) and I went to the craft fair on the exhibition grounds. Saturday evening was spent refining my Christmas trimmings and adding to my Christmas tree. I am happy to report that the tree is now complete and I really enjoy sitting back and enjoying it!
Sunday morning after I had finished having some breakfast, I started to do the dishes and the telephone rang. I answered it and got the most amazing surprise...it was Ryan calling from Hong Kong!!! We talked for about a half an hour or so, until his phone card died on us when it ran out of minutes. It was so awesome to be able to talk to him for the time that we did get to. This was only the second time that we have been able to speak on the phone since he went to Hong Kong in September, given the cost of making such telephone calls and with the extreme amount of time difference, it has been hard to reach me when he has tried a few other times, as I'm usually at work when he calls. I have been on cloud nine ever since talking to him yesterday and can hardly wait for him to come back home...only 18 more sleeps until he's back!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
welcome to blogger, kelly. i have played around with many different sites and always wind up back here. sit back and enjoy the ride. i am glad that you got to talk with r. that would explain the chessy cat grin today. lol. have a good evening, and take it easy on those darned roads.
poet
Post a Comment