Let's play catch up for the past couple of days. Friday night I left work and went to my parent's place to do up my week's worth of laundry. I wanted to have it done to free up my weekend for Ryan's arrival home and with Christmas and all.
I went home Friday and slept restlessly, eagerly awaiting my reunitement with Ryan. He spent some time sleeping in (extreme jet lag, coming from a country with a 12 hour time difference) and catching up with his family and then came over to my place after supper. It was so wonderful to see him again and show him the new me (ie- minus the 50 lbs I'd lost since he was gone). We spent a nice quiet evening at my place, filling one another in on the stories of our life in the past almost 4 months. Ryan had been sick his whole last week in Hong Kong and was starting to feel better when he got ready to leave. As soon as he got on the plane though, it aggravated his illness and he wasn't feeling too well until Christmas Day.
Sunday afternoon I went up to my parent's place to prepare Christmas Eve dinner, traditionally made by me every year. This year I made Chicken Cordon Bleu, as per my mother's request...which was shocking considering her picky-ness with food. She'd never had it before and claimed that she did like it, however I don't believe she'll be requesting it again, lol.
After supper I went to church for the Christmas Eve service with my parents and then up to Carrie's parent's house for their annual Christmas Eve gathering. Carrie and I exchanged gifts that evening as well and I received a pair of earrings, some Cadbury thins chocolate bars and a gift certificate to get my nails done for her wedding.
I then ventured home to my parent's house to spend the night and wake up on Christmas morning with them, along with my brother staying over too. We had a great Christmas morning and an amazing big breakfast together, despite my waking up with what I thought was a bad case of allergies. I received many wonderful gifts which including a Columbia winter jacket, a new coffee maker, cordless phone, new cookware, bath towels and a new shower curtain from my parents. My brother got me a potato and onion bin and Full House ( I loved that show) on DVD...although he got me season one, which I already had, lol.
In the afternoon on Christmas Day, I met Ryan back at my place for our Christmas together. His gifts for me all came from Hong Kong. I received a new purse with a matching coin purse, a beautiful jade necklace with matching earrings and matching bracelet and also a beautiful white silk kimono.
I then went back to my parent's place for Christmas dinner. At this point I was feeling miserable and realized that what I thought were my allergies bothering me, was really Ryan's flu that he brought home with him. I suffered through dinner and then headed straight home. I was supposed to go up to Carrie's parent's place after dinner and say goodbye to her as she was flying out at 6 a.m. on Boxing Day. I felt horrible for not being able to go up and say goodbye, but I called her and explained to her how sick I was. She understood, but I still felt bad.
Yesterday I layed low, trying to recover somewhat from my flu. Thank goodness I didn't have to work yesterday. I'm feeling a lot better today, but am still not 100%. All in all it was a wonderful holiday, although to me it just didn't feel the same this year. I don't know if it was the fact that Ryan wasn't here this year until almost Christmas Day or that there was no snow on the ground or what, but Christmas-time just didn't feel like Christmas-time this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment