Wow, this weekend really flew by! They're never long enough, but especially this one wasn't long enough for me...because it isn't a "long" weekend for me like everyone else, meaning yes, I'm at work right now. I'm not going to complain though because I didn't get drafted to work yesterday on Canada Day, so I'm happy.
Friday night I went up to Carrie's parent's house after work to see her. It was so good to see her and Chris and to see for myself Carrie's growing belly. I stayed until around midnight chatting and catching up. Saturday was Angela's wedding and despite a few showers, everything pulled off without a hitch. Yesterday Ryan and I got up and went for a drive out to Jemseg and then came home to get ready for our Surf n Turf dinner with Carrie and Chris. Dinner was awesome - we had steak, shrimp, bacon wrapped scallops, potatoes, caesar salad, rolls, cupcakes and cinnamon cake for dessert...and of course beer, well for everyone except Carrie, lol.
After dinner on the deck it was starting to get chilly out, so we went into the house and played Balderdash. That game is hillarious if you play with a group of people with a warped sense of humor, lol. After Balderdash we walked down to the green and watched the fireworks, then came back and said farewell to Carrie and Chris. They fly out today at 12:30. Carrie will be back again in August and I can't wait to see her again and how big her belly has gotten since this trip home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment