Ryan came over last night at around 10 pm on his bike. I asked him how was his bike ride was and he said not good. He and his friend Chris were out in Penniac going up a blind hill with Chris in the lead. This truck pulls out of the driveway (Ryan says he could smell alcohol on the driver's breath) and Chris (doing 70-80 km's/h) swerved to avoid him and locked up the brakes, fell off the bike (it's a new Harley) and tumbled over a few times. Ryan said he has one of those half helmet thingys that just covers his head and not his face, so his face is all busted up and his lip is a real mess. The truck guy wouldn't let them call the cops and truck guy drove Chris to the hospital with Ryan following on his bike. They called the RCMP when they got to the hospital (truck guy just dropped him off and then took off). Ryan stayed with Chris at the hospital until his parents got there and then came to my place right after.
He said Chris is going to be ok, has a minor concution and is in need of a bunch of stitches, other than that he's alright - no broken bones, etc. He was extremely lucky. Like 5 seconds later and Chris would have slammed into the truck and would be dead. I feel bad for saying this, but I said to Ryan last night "I'm relieved that Chris is going to be alright, but I'm very relieved it wasn't you". Ryan said Chris' bike is a real mess, all busted up, the shifter is broken off it, the handle bars and all bent to pieces, he said there's skid marks, blood and broken bike pieces all over theroad - what a mess. I'm so relieved that Chris is going to be alright and Ryan wasn't hurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment