Yeah it's Friday! I'll soon be in possession of two days to myself (maybe, lol) and not have to think about work!
I mentioned to Ryan last night that we should go camping some time this summer. He got all excited and wants to go this weekend to Fundy National Park. Sounds good right? Well, he wants to do what's called "Wolfe Point" - an isolated campsite that overlooks the bay and is a 20 kilometer hike. Ryan did this hike a while back with his Adventure Recreation program with school, so to him it's not a big deal. He's used to hard core hiking and is in great physical shape. Me on the other hand, a half hour walk is plenty for me and I ain't exactly in tip top shape.
I looked online to see how long it takes the average person to walk 20 kilomters and it said 3 hours and 20 minutes at a moderate pace. I also learned that 21 kiolmeters is considered a half marathon - so basically we would have walked a marathon to get in and out of the campsite. Ryan told me last night that it would take 2 hours to hike it (hahahaha). I asked him if it was hilly because I don't do hills and he said it was moderate and that I would just have to be up for a challenge. The pictures online show lots of hills, lol. Keep in mind also that we would have to carry literally everything into the campsite on our backs - tent, food, sleeping bags, etc. I didn't sign up for this $hit! LOL. I love camping, but my idea is driving the car up to the campsite, unpacking everything and then settling in for a nice night with some beer, hotdogs and marshmallows! LOL.
I suggested we go to Oak Bay Campground instead (the one that I went to with the girls a couple of weeks ago) since it's right on the ocean, but he wasn't up for that idea. I would like to do his campsite if it wasn't such a damn long and hard hike. I looked it up on the internet and it really is breathtaking, but it takes 2 1/2 hours to drive to Fundy Park roughly, then we'd have to hike atleast 3 1/2 hours on top of that to even get to the campground. I tried to "get out" of the expedition because we're going out for supper on Sunday in lieu of my brother's birthday this week, and I told Ryan that I'd have to be back to Fredericton by like 4 pm on Sunday, so we shouldn't go. He goes "It's alright, we'll just have to pack up camp and leave by 9 am" - yah right, like that will happen.
Last night the weather forecast for the weekend was supposed to be clear with 23 degrees for both Saturday and Sunday. Now they're calling for 60% chance of showers, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be stuck on a hiking trail for 3 1/2 hours with a 50 lb pack on my back in pi$$ poor rain, lol.
So we shall see what the weekend brings us, lol. :S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment