Ok. Can someone please explain to me why my cat does not understand the concept of I leave you alone when you sleep, why can't you leave me alone when I'm sleeping! GRRR!
At 2:30 a.m. he wakes me up by scratching at the bedroom door wanting in. I have to sleep at night with the bedroom door closed so that he doesn't come in and jump on the dresser and pull everything off of it, get under the bed and start crawling upside down and clawing at the box spring, sharpening his claws on the night stand, chewing the phone cord, you get the idea. I get up and let him in briefly. He'll usually jump up on the bed, knead me for a couple minutes, then I'll pick him up, take him out in the hall and close the bedroom door. He's usually good for the rest of the night after he's had this fix.
So the fix was completed for the night and I guess I didn't shut the door tight all the way. The next thing I know about an hour later, I'm woken from a dead sleep with a cat who's jumped up on the bed and landed square on my stomach. I was scared crapless, awoken this way. He realizes he's scared me and jumps off the bed and into the window sill. I had the window open last night because it was so hot out last night (can you say Indian Summer?) and he does like to sit in the open window sill. I figured "OK, He's content in the window, just stay there and let me sleep". Nope. He starts up his above listed shenanigans, so out he goes.
At 5:55 a.m. I hear his scratching at the door once again. F*&K! I'm so fed up at this point and being that it's a half an hour before I'm supposed to get up for work, I'm super pi$$ed. I'm the type of person that can't fall back asleep if I accidentally (yah, let's call this accidentally) woken up an hour of so before I'm supposed to get up. I just lie there and think, Frig, I have to get up soon...I have to get up soon.
I love my cat, I really do, but nights like last night make me want to let him become an outdoor cat and see what happens, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment