Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Update

Back to the grindstone today. I don't feel as tired this morning as I had each morning last week, but give me a few days, lol.

What a great weekend! Friday afternoon Val sent me a message asking me if I minded if we changed the plans for the evening a bit. Since it would cost us all a small fortune to head downtown for Harvest Jazz and Blues at around 6:30 or so as originally planned, we opted to eat first and then go out. Ryan and I got some subs and then headed over to Shane and Val's place. We had a few drinks there, called a cab and then headed downtown.

First stop was the Snooty Fox where Morgan Davis was playing. We waited inside the pub for over an hour, standing around having a few drinks before we could get a place to sit. We finally got a table, stayed for a few songs and then headed down to the Barracks Tent. I'll just say it was an "adventure" for us to get in and leave it at that, but we did get in and had a great time. Ryan had to work in the morning, so he and I left as soon as the band was done. We called a cab to pick us up in front of the CIBC bank, sat on a bench and waited....and waited...and waited. We then see Shane and Val walking up the sidewalk, so we take off with them knowing the cab will probably never show up. As we're walking up the street, we run into Charles LeBlanc, a proud blogger. He took our picture and posted it to his blog the next day, lol. Here's a link to the photo. Shane and Val then went in search of poutine, Ryan and I opted to walk home.

Saturday I didn't have much ambition as I was feeling the effects of being super tired from lack of sleep all week and also the beers I had drank the night before. I did manage to go run a few errands and pick up some groceries, but that's about the extent of my day. Ryan and I both were beat on Saturday night and didn't do anything. We watched Joe Dirt on TV, which got over at 10:00. I went up to bed after that and was sound asleep well before 11 on Saturday night, lol.

Sunday was birthday celebration day for my mom. Her birthday was actually last Sunday, but she was away with all of her sisters, so we celebrated it yesterday. We went to the Hilltop for supper, where I ran into Funky there, and then back to the house for cake and gifts. I went home afterwards, put my laundry away and Ryan had gotten us a movie, which was all subtitled...great. I can't remember the name of it, something Labrynth (I know that's probably spelled wrong).

What a cold morning it was when I got up today! BRRR! The house was freezing, but I'm reluctant to turn on the heat this early, since it's so damn expensive!

No comments: