Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday's Here!

Yeah it's Friday! I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow! This week hasn't been as hard on me as last week, sleep deprevation wise. I'm starting to get more used to getting up at 6:30 a.m. instead of say 10 a.m., lol.

Ryan and I went to the Taproom on Wednesday with Brent, our friend who teaches in Japan and is home for a visit. He hasn't changed a bit in the over two years since I'd seen him. Last night Ryan had to stay late at work, working on a deal with a couple for a new car. His nights to work late are Monday and Wednesday, so technically he wasn't supposed to work beyond 6 yesterday, but you've got to do what you've got to do for the customers.

After he got finished (and got the deal!) at work, we watched the premier of Survivor China. This season is particuarly interesting to Ryan (anyone who knows Ryan, knows how much he hates reality tv...but tolerates it to some extent for me, lol, so it's funny to see him actually want to watch this) as he was in Hong Kong this time last year (which is an island within China...Ryan compares it to being on the northside of Fredericton [Hong Kong] looking over to the southside of Fredericton [China]) and he's also in a Survivor pool at work.

As we were watching the beginning of the episode where they were showing the contestants in the temple, Ryan said that it looked exactly like a temple he was at when he went to visit the Big Buddha on Lantau Island (which was where he lived and also where the international airport is located). At first we figured it was just another temple that looked exactly the same, but the more I think about it, it probably was the same one, where the airport is located on Lantau Island. The producers probably took the contestants there as soon as they got off the plane, filmed the segment and then sent them on their way across the bay to mainland China and into the jungle.

Nothing really exciting going on this weekend. Ryan and I were thinking about going to Maine for two nights for a getaway and also because the dollar was almost at par when we were talking about going (it has since hit par!). We aren't going now as we figured we'd still spend a fair amount of money (which is somewhat tight right now) and also Ryan was invited to a Bachelor all-day party on Saturday, which begins at 2 p.m. with a round of golf. I guess my plan is to do all sorts of exciting things like grocery shopping, dishes, scrubbing floors, cleaning the bathroom.....I hope I can contain myself with all the fun, lol!

No comments: