Friday, September 14, 2007

Egg-Zaw-Stid!

Well I'm almost through my first week of working day shift and I have to say that I am exhausted! The fact that I'm a night owl, trying to become a morning person coupled with me staying up late almost every night this week after the events of the week, I am completely beat.

I knew the transition of changing from working nights to days would be difficult and it looks like it will probably drag into next week too, as at this point I really can't see myself feeling "chipper" in the mornings next week either. It's all worth it though - I can't tell you how great it is to get off work at 4:15 and not say anywhere from 9 p.m. til 1 a.m. like I have in years past.

Yesterday when I got home from work I layed down on the couch and watched some Family Fued. The next thing I knew it was 6:30 and I could hear my brother outside mowing my lawn. I had fallen asleep on the couch for almost two hours! This didn't hinder my ability to sleep last night though. You know people say if you nap more than 30 minutes then you'll have a hard time falling asleep at bed time? Not me folks, I got in almost 8 hours of sleep last night and had my alarm not gone off, I know I could have slept a good 3-4 more hours.

My break schedule is so messed up for today. The break patterns usually run every two hours - so work two hours, get a break, work two more hours, have your lunch break, work two hours, get a break, work two hours, go home. Well today they have my first break 1 hour after I've started, then my lunch at regular time, then my last break shortly after I return back from lunch break, leaving me with a two and a half hour stretch before I can go home. It might not seem like a big deal, but in a call center environment it's a nightmare. This job is so hard on the head, so having to work extra long stretches beyond when you should have had a break, is brutal. It also makes for an extremely long day. Hopefully when someone from our scheduling department arrives, they can help me out and do some changing of those breaks. If not, it's going to be a l.o.n.g day for me.

Not much planned for this weekend. Shane and Val have invited us to meet them downtown tonight for the Harvest Jazz and Blues festival, so I imagine we'll take that in tonight. If I'm not in a comatosed state, lol. Hopefully I'll catch a second wind and be alright for the night.

No comments: