Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Funeral Today

Not much news to report today. It's getting close to 8 a.m. and I'm only at work for another hour and a half today. I was given permission to leave work early today to attend Carrie's grandfather's funeral. It's nice that the company is letting me leave early to attend this funeral, however I'm not getting paid for the time I'm not here.

It sucked so bad to have to get up so early this morning, knowing that I was only going to be at work until 9:30. Ryan said to me "Why are you bothering to go in, just to leave at 9:30" to which I agree, there's not much sense, but that's when work was letting me leave. Originally I thought the funeral was at 2 p.m. today and I double checked online yesterday and saw that it was at noon. I had already told work that I would only need the last half of my shift off (after my lunch break) so I had to go and explain that the funeral was at noon and not at 2 p.m. like I had originally thought. They were good about it and said I could leave on my break (9:30 a.m.), so I guess I shouldn't push it anymore and didn't bother asking for the whole day off...although I did think about it. I guess it's a good thing though to put a couple of hours in today and not lose a full day's pay. Sometimes too you have to look at what's more important in these cases, and in this instance being there for Carrie is more important than money, so I'm not going to fret anymore about losing some pay.

Carrie and I are as close as two friends can be. We are like family and her family treats me like I'm a part of their family, so it's important that I be there today for them. Ryan is leaving work early today and is coming with me to the funeral, which I thought was very sweet. We're going to try and get a lunch date in there today at some point too.

1 comment:

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

How old was he? I'm certain we'll never reach that age?

I sure won't!

My deepest Sympathy!!!