Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday, Monday

Another weekend overwith and in the books. I've said it before, I'll say it again - they're never long enough!

Nothing too exciting to report from the weekend. Friday night I got some groceries, had supper and went up for a quick visit to my parent's place as I hadn't been up there all week. I went back home and Ryan and I were both exhausted. We were invited to go to Shane and Val's house, but we just watched t.v. for a little bit and were both in bed, sound asleep before midnight.

Saturday was bachelor-party-all-day-event for Ryan, lol. It started with golfing and then heading to Grand Lake for the night. I had the day to myself to drop a couple hundred dollars on bills and to do housework. Fun stuff I tell ya. I did laundry at my brother's house, hung it on the line all afternoon, then went back to get it around supper time. Back home, I barbequed for supper and then decided to tackle my bedroom closet. This is something I really hadn't done since I started losing weight over a year ago. I mean really tackle it - as in take every single thing out of it and go through it all. I ended up with only a small wardrobe left of clothes that I can actually wear. On one hand it was a great feeling (I even tried on a pair of jeans I had when I first started dieting, just to see how much weight I had shed and could not belive how HUGE they were. I seriously could have fit another person in there with me...sad that I was that big once) on the other hand it sucks knowing that I hardly have any clothes now and hardly any extra money to go out and buy a bunch of new ones with. I'm leary to buy a bunch of new ones now anyway as I'm still losing. I've said that about the clothes that I currently wear now, but I needed some stuff, lol. There's a great, cheap clothing store up by Carrie's house in Ontario that sells new stuff that are seconds. I love that place and have yet to find any flaws with anything I've bought there before, so I'm hoping to hit that place up when I fly up to see Carrie in February, after she has the baby. The place is fantastic like $3-$5 for shirts, I got a Tommy Hilfiger sweater there for $10, new jeans for $10, it's so cheap!

Yesterday I woke up very early at the crack of dawn with a cold. I couldn't get back to sleep, but also didn't want to be up and around either. I felt terrible, I just wanted to lie in bed and sleep. I finally fell back asleep at around 9 or so and slept for about an hour. Ryan came home around 11-11:30-ish from Grand Lake. I had breakfast (he'd already eaten with the boys) and sat on the couch talking with him for a bit. There were a couple of open houses that we wanted to go to in the afternoon, so we talked about those. We're just started to look at houses right now to get a feel for the market, don't get too excited for us just yet, lol. At about 12:30 I told him I was going to go upstairs and lay down (I had still gotten no relief for any meds I'd taken up to this point and was running a fever) and for him to wake me up when he was ready to go. He fell asleep on the couch (understandably after only getting 3 hours sleep the night before, partying with the guys, lol) and came upstairs and woke me up at around 3 p.m. We decided to go to one of the houses on our list, so off we went. The house was cute, but is definately a fixer-upper and has some flaws. It's not one that we're really that interested in.

I then went up to my parent's place for supper and weighed myself. As of yesterday I lost 5 lbs this past week. Pretty good I thought for my first week back on the program. The first week you always seem to lose more, so I highly doubt I'll have another five pounder week, lol.

I talked to Carrie on the phone for a bit last night, which was great as we haven't chatted on the phone for a little while. Sorry I had to cut the conversation short though Carrie! Ryan rented us the movie Vacancy to watch as there was nothing on t.v. that evening. The movie was alright, but nothing spectacular. It was one of those very predictable horror films.

No comments: