Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Before Dawn...

...where my first name fits if using my full name, or when my day started today.

Yes, I was up bright and very, very early this morning. Why you ask? Because of the f * %$ ing snowstorm we got yesterday and last night. Have I mentioned before how much I hate snow! I got up very early to go outside and shovel my steps, driveway and to clean off my car. I go outside to leave for work this morning after a hot shower and some breakfast, only to find it's snowing again! GRRRR! The roads are just as bad out there right now as they were last night too!

Driving home last night I was a ball of nerves. I absolutely dread driving in a snowstorm. The roads last night were a complete mess and my car was fish-tailing around every turn...that's even with me driving at crawl speed. I know I'm a very cautious driving and drive according to the conditions, it's the other drivers out there that scare me on storm days. You know, the people who don't slow down a bit, still barrell through the lights and have no regard for any other drivers on the road.

I finally get home last night, relieved I made it with no problems. I made a pita pizza for supper and then worked out on my gazelle for a while. Ryan called me to tell me he'd made it home from Saint John alright (he was there for training...his father has started working as a mortgage broker at home and Ryan is getting into the business with him while his father is away for the winter) and just to talk. His parent's left for their winter home in Arizona last weekend, so we've got use of their amazing home until they're back in March. I like to say that we "retreat" at their home while they're away. Ryan asked me to come out last night if I wanted to, but I told him that I was staying put for the evening and not braving the roads. He understood and had to leave for more training in Saint John early this morning anyway. He debated on driving to my place last night, but I told him he might as well stay where he is, since it was so bad out and he was leaving very early in the morning anyway.

After talking to Ryan for a while, my phone rang again and it was Carrie. It was nice to talk to her as I hadn't spoken on the phone with her for about a week or so. I was worried about her yesterday as well, because the part of Ontario where she lives got hit with a major ice storm yesterday, so I was relieved to hear she made out fine yesterday. She said the conditions there were horrendous and it took her 15 minutes of running her car before she could even begin chipping away the ice from it. She also said her power went out around lunch time and Chris had to come home from work because their basement had 5 inches of water in it, since there was no power and the sump pump wasn't working.

After talking on the phone I was about to start hemming two pairs of pants my dad gave me to fix for him, but I realized my straight pins were still up at my parent's place, which I needed in order to pin the second pair of pants (I just measured on one pair and was going to pin the second pair by using the first pair as a guide). I watched a little tv instead and then retired to bed early, in order to get up early this morning. If this snow keeps up today, my routine for tonight and tomorrow morning may be similar...I hope not!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hello:) Thanks for visitng me, I'm glad to find another local person!!! - Floobie