Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rant...

OK, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fredericton has THE worst drivers! OMG!!!

No, I'm not perfect, but I'm cautious! Holy crap people...slow the fack down and drive according to your surroundings! GEEZ! I spent the evening and the night with Ryan last night at his parent's place (they're away til March). This morning I got into my car (Holy crap-ola it's cold out there!) and drove home to my place to get ready for work, since Ryan had to leave early for Saint John. I basically just got up and drove home. Anyway here starts the examples of the extremely bad driving I witnessed...just this morning!

1) There was an accident on the bridge in the southbound lane. I couldn't really tell what had happened, all I noticed was a blue car turned sideways. Anyway, I was in the left hand northbound lane, as I was merging onto the bridge from Riverside drive (the only lane I could be in at this point). This a$$hole coming southbound decides that he's had enough of co-operating with the police, ambulance attendants and other traffic, and decides to pull out INTO MY LANE and keep on truckin'...forcing me to slam on the brakes. I nearly $hit my pants, while my car started to swerve, I was still in control however...thank God for driver's ed way back when, but holy crap, can you say almost a double accident scene! There was nothing the cops could do either because they were tied up at the accident scene and Idiot driver # 1 was already gone.

2) There is a separate turning lane to get onto my street off of the main road. After dealing with Idiot driver # 1, I was like "OK, you're almost home...you made it through that...you're almost home". I go to pull into the turning lane to get onto my street and Idiot driver #2 (taxi driver at that...'nuff said) decides that he's had enough of waiting in traffic (which was extremely backed up, due to the bridge accident) and pulls out into my turning lane (he was in the opposite direction, so the pulling-into-the-turning lane-move was not even an option for him!) and starts driving down the main road that way. I'm like "OK, WTF!!!" This same thing just happened to me like two minutes earlier!!!

3) I was at home for about an hour or so before I had to leave for work. The time comes to leave for work and the traffic is still backed up heavily from the bridge accident. I plan an alternate route to work, allowing me to use a couple of traffic lights and sail through traffic (supposidly), in the opposite direction that it was backed up in. While I'm stopped at a traffic light, waiting for it to turn green, a big transport truck hauling logs decides to enter the intersection on the yellow...and yup you guessed it...isn't able to really move anywhere because yes...the traffic is backed up because of the accident! So I sit there stewing over my run in with Idiot driver #3 this morning.

4) I make it past Idiot driver #3 eventually and am stopped at another traffic light. I see the light turns yellow for the opposing traffic, so it's soon going to be my turn to drive away. That's when Idiot driver #4 is followed by Idiot driver #5 and they decide to park side-by-side in the middle of the intersection. Love-a-lee.

So I've finally made it to work...alive. Here's to 8 hours of not having to drive anyway and deal with anymore idiots...well that's not entirely true...I know I'll deal with a lot of idiot customers today.

No comments: