Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Calling From Korea!

So the storm yesterday wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. I emailed my Dad at lunch time (he goes home for lunch) and asked him how the roads were. He said that the city had them all plowed and as long as it didn't get cold out, they'd be clear when I drove home. He was right, the roads were in A-1 condition. The same could not be said for my street or driveway, lol

I gunned the gas in order to get in my driveway past the hump of snow-crap that the plow had left at the end of it. I had something quick to eat and then suited up to spend a soggy hour outside shovelling. What a chore that was! It was raining outside while I was out there, which added more unpleasant-ness to an already unpleasant task. The snow was so heavy and saturated with water, making it extremely heavy to shovel. I most certainly got my work out last night!

After an hour I came inside, completely drentched and jumped in the shower. When I got dried off and into my jammies, I went downstairs and settled in for some tv watching. The phone rang and it was Angela calling from Korea! The funny thing is, is that I had been thinking about Angela all day yesterday, and how it has been so long since I've talked to her and have seen her. She went to Ottawa to meet her future in-laws over Christmas and then as soon as she got back from Ottawa, had to fly to Korea for work. It was so nice to hear from her and chat for a bit. She'll be back Saturday night. Depending on how she's feeling, I may see her on Sunday night.

No comments: