Friday, January 4, 2008

Sick N Tired Of Being Sick N Tired!!!

Well 2008 started off with me how 2007 ended - sick! I'm telling you, I've been sick enough for the past month to do me for years to come! On New Years Eve I could feel myself heading down the "sick" path again, so I knew it was coming. Here I am on January 4th and I'm just starting to feel better now. Nowhere near recovered, just starting to come around.

So after digging out my driveway on New Years Eve from getting dumped in the afternoon with a good 15-20 cm's of snow, my Dad picked me up in his truck to take us (me and Ryan, my mom and my brother) out for our annual New Years Eve dinner. Ryan was going to meet us there as he was working that afternoon. We dinned at the Fredericton Inn to a magnificent buffet with tons of delicacies like bacon wrapped scallops, salmon, hips of beef, just to name a few items and also with I'm guessing at least 20 different dessert choices. It was soooo good!

Ryan and I then drove home and Shane picked us up so we didn't have to leave one of our vehicles at his place. We rang in the new year with Shane and Val in their basement, playing some poker, having a few beverages and some great 80's tunes! Have I mentioned before how much of an 80's music nut I am? LOL.

On January 2nd we got dumped again with another 30 cm's of snow! It's outrageous! I can't remember a winter as bad as this one ever before! It's to the point where you can't see over the snowbanks and if it snow's again, Lord knows where we're going to put it! I can see why people get the winter blues, having to put up with this wicked weather! We're supposed to get some temperatures in the pluses this weekend and next week, so I'm hoping some of that freaking snow will melt!

Carrie's Dad stopped into my house on Wednesday evening with pictures for me to see of Baby Brayden. I was feeling like crap from being home sick all day, but was happy to finally get to see what Brayden looks like. He's got tons of dark hair, I've never seen that much hair on a newborn baby before, it's unreal! He's pretty gosh darn cute and I find he looks a lot like Chris, but I do see some Carrie in him too! Only 35 more days until I fly up to meet him!

No comments: