Friday, January 18, 2008

Fly Away

This week my hair has been driving me nuts! It's been super "fly away". You know, when you get out of your car, your hair sticks all up. You take off your jacket, your hair sticks up. You pull on (or off) a shirt over your head and your hair sticks up. You brush/comb your hair and your hair sticks up. You walk past something, anything, the fridge for example, and your hair sticks up. Is it just me, or is anyone else "flying away" too, lol?

So I did my shit bid, I mean shift bid on Tuesday. I did better than I thought I was going to end up with, however the outcome was still not great. I didn't get weekends off, as expected, and have to work Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m. I have Sunday and Monday off, start Tuesdays at 2 p.m. and the rest of the week I start around noon. I was expecting start times of around 4 p.m. during the week. I'm still debating on the whole applying to customer service things because of the better hours. The closing date to apply is Tuesday, so I've still got some time to think about it. I just don't know if I can afford the change, a hundred dollars a month missing is a huge loss to me on my miniscule income.

My little nephew Brayden turned three weeks old yesterday. Hard to believe that he's been here that long. Three weeks from today I will get to meet him and I'm super excited. I keep telling Carrie when I talk to her "I can't wait to get there and see him....I don't care about you and Chris anymore", LOL. Of course I'm joking. I talk to Carrie on a regular basis and both her and Brayden are doing wonderfully. Max the cat is having a hard time adjusting to this new little creature invading his space, but other than that everything is fantastic.

The weather network said this morning to expect 10-15 cm's of snow this morning (enough already!) and then it's supposed to rain all afternoon. I predict one of two things will happen. We'll get so much rain this afternoon that it will wash away all the snow that we get this morning, giving us a break from shovelling or the rain will saturate the snow that fell in the morning, making it a brutal chore to remove it all from the driveway. I hope the first scenario happens!

No comments: