Monday, December 31, 2007

Adieu 2007

Happy New Year! Another year overwith. Time flies after you hit 25 years old! LOL. In lieu of the ending of 2007, I'll do an entry like I did last year and recap my 2007 for you. Have a good evening tonight everyone and be safe!

January

-2007 started for Ryan and I by waking up at Kim and Jon's house after a New Year's Eve party at their place.
-my car wouldn't start and I discovered on the internet that my make of car has a poorly designed ignition switch, which should be recalled by the maker won't do a recall. I gave the dealership a piece of my mind and got the part replaced with a better one for free.
-I fainted out at Ryan's parent's place due to the jacuzzi and drove two of my teeth through my bottom lip. I missed a week of work and still have a scar on my lip.

February

-My Dad celebrated his birthday on the 3rd.
-I received training to take calls for Brand B with my company.
-Anna Nicole Smith died.
-I took a day trip to shop in Houlton with Shelly.
-Had a wonderful Valentine's Day despite a wicked snowstorm we got that evening.

March

-I started preparations for the stagette party that I was throwing for Carrie.
-Ryan started his current job as a car salesman.
-Carrie and Chris drove home for their wedding in April.
-I threw Carrie's stagette party.

April

-Carrie and I did all sorts of last minute things in preparation for her wedding.
-Got my hair "did" for a trial run and my nails done for Carrie's wedding.
-We got another horrendous snowstorm the day before Carrie's wedding.
-Carrie got married on April 7th - Easter weekend.
-Ryan celebrated his birthday on the 13th.
-My aunt Sandra passed away.

May

-Spring finally arrived
-My company switched me back to taking Brand A calls.
-Carrie discovered that she conceived a baby on her honeymoon and was due in January 2008.

June

-Hosted a BBQ at my house for some friends.
-Went on a girls camping trip with Angela, Kim and Alisha.
-Carrie came home for a visit.
-Angela got married.

July

-Ryan and I had a steak and scallop BBQ for Canada Day with Carrie and Chris.
-Walked down to the green from our house with Carrie and Chris for the Canada Day fireworks.
-My brother celebrated his birthday on the 4th.
-While cruising on their motorcycles together, Ryan's friend Chris F got into an accident when a man drove out of his driveway without even looking and slammed into Chris F. He was ok luckily, but his bike was a write off.
-Angela moved to San Diego, CA.
-Ryan and I travelled to P.E.I. with friends Matt and Melissa for an Aerosmith concert.

August

-We went camping NB Day weekend with Shane, Val and their two kids.
-I celebrated my birthday on the 17th and got spoiled rotten.
-Carrie came home for a visit.

September

-Carrie's grandfather passed away shortly after she returned home to Ontario from her August visit. It was nice to have Carrie back home again, but the circumstances weren't the best.
-Carrie, Andrea (one of Carrie's bridesmaids) and I had a girls night at my house.
-Ryan and I went to the big 250 race at the Speedway in Geary.
-Went to Harvest Jazz and Blues festival with Shane and Val.

October

-Enjoyed two Thanksgiving dinners - 1 at Ryan's parent's, 1 at my parent's.
-Got a passport in preparation for our trip to Arizona in April 08.
-Carrie and Chris drove home for a visit, the last time I'd see her before she became a Mommy. I was on vacation the week they were home, so it was great to spend that time with them and do some day trips with them.
-Spent Halloween passing out treats at my brother's house.

November

-Christmas music started playing in the malls the day after Halloween.
-I started and finished my Christmas shopping, complete with having it all wrapped.
-We received our first snowfall of the winter.
-Ryan and I booked our spring trip to Arizona.
-Had dinner out with Shelly.
-Val and the kids came over and we walked to the end of my street to watch the Santa Claus parade.

December

-Ryan went on a trip to Sugarloaf with the ski patrol crew he volunteers with. They travelled home in a bad snowstorm, taking them literally all day to drive back from Maine.
-I put my Christmas decorations and tree up the first weekend of the month.
-Angela arrived home at the beginning of the month from San Diego for the holidays.
-Had dinner out with Angela and Sherri.
-Christmas came and went so quickly.
-Carrie went into labour early on Boxing Day.
-Brayden Christopher Westbrook was born at 3:21 a.m. on December 27th.
-Ryan and I had my parents, my brother and my aunts Nancy and Barb over last Saturday for a raclette dinner, which was super fun. If you don't know what a raclette is, google it - it's pretty cool (I got one for Christmas)!
-My parent's are taking us out for our annual New Year's Eve dinner tonight. From there we're not 100% sure what we're doing, but do have a couple of party options. It's just a matter of which one we choose, lol.

2 comments:

Terry aka Funky said...

Happy 2008 to you and Ryan !

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you and ryan, kelly. all the best for 2008.

love the year in review.