Monday, January 21, 2008

C-C-C-C-C-COLD!!!

Holy Hannah it's cold out! The deep freeze is definately on in these here parts! So much for the warm weather we *very temporarily* experienced a couple of weeks ago. It was nice while it lasted.

Another Monday, back to the grindstone. The weekends are just never long enough. My plan of sleeping in on the weekend was foiled. I woke up early on both days. I know it has something to do with me getting up at 6:15 a.m. everyday for work. That'll all change in a month though when I start my new shits, I mean shifts. Yes, I'm still bitter about those, lol.

So we got a new TV this past weekend. The new one I had gotten for Christmas from my parents was giving us a little grief. The color on the bottom left corner of the TV was going all wonky, turning pink, florescent green, blue, etc. At first it was one of those little things that you could live with, but then it kept getting bigger and more annoying, to the point where we had to return the TV.

Ryan was working on Saturday until 1 p.m., so when he got off work we packed up the TV (I saved the box from it) and literally crammed it into the car. We barely got it in there. We returned the TV and they had no suitable replacement, so off we went on the hunt for a new TV. We looked at 4 different places and finally found a suitable one at the Superstore downtown. We paid a little more and got a nice upgrade from what we had.

We figured we might have a little problem trying to get it into the car since the old one just barely fit, so I called my parents to see if my Dad could meet us there with his truck. They weren't home. My parents are always home, but of course the time you do want them to be home, they aren't. We then thought that if we couldn't get it in the car, we could get it in if we took it out of the box. We bought the TV, pulled up to the doors we were instructed to go to and well, you guessed it, it wouldn't fit. Even with taking it out of the box, there was no way it was going to fit.

We debated on calling my brother to give us a hand, thinking it may fit into his huge Crown Victoria, but then thought, no it probably isn't going to work in that either. There was a taxi (a minivan) pulled up at the Superstore, so I went over and asked him if he was waiting for anyone specific or if I could have him. He said he was open for fares and asked me where I was going. I told him and he said how much it would be. I told him I had a TV I wanted to throw in the back of the van and he said it would be atleast another $10 for the TV. I was all "What? What difference does it make, the van is going to the same place as the passenger". Nope, no negotiating. If I wanted to put my TV in the van, it was going to cost me extra. This pi$$ed us off so much because it's not like he'd charge a passenger who got in with grocery bags, extra for those grocery bags. We basically told the cabby where he could go and tried calling my parents again. Luckily they were home now and my Dad came to save the day. I was frozen from standing outside with that TV for what seemed like hours (it was more like 30 to 45 minutes we were out there), trying to get it loaded into a vehicle.

Now that the TV is home and set up, I love it. I'm happy we paid the extra and got the upgrade, although it came at a bad time when money is very tight (then again, when isn't it). I just paid my year's worth of insurance, now this TV, I have my trip to Carrie's in a little over two weeks, income tax will be coming soon (I always end up owing each year because work doesn't take enough out of me) and I'm trying to save up for my Arizona trip. Oh well, that's why God invented Visa right?

2 comments:

Terry aka Funky said...

Why is it nothing can work out the way it should when one wants it too?

Gotta like the upgrade and yeah Visa is nice for those little tiny mishaps ;)

Anonymous said...

gotta love VISA, and Mastercard, and well all of those little lovelies. glad you got a new TV, the reason the cabby was going to charge another $10 is called a Van charge. al delivery companies charge it. it is for the weight. the driver, however, doesn't see that on their pay....i know 'cus i dunnit.

i am still loving my job. it is a great place to work and the pay is ok. i troll around our fair city all day, racking up the miles on a company car instead of my own. the guys at the shop are pretty nice and helpful as well.

how's it going with the transition at work again?