Monday, January 14, 2008

Stay Away Snow!

So it looks like we're in for another fackin winter storm. Enough already! My Gawd! I can't remember a winter like this in well, I can't remember. It's been nuts. Absolutely nuts. The snow banks get so high you can't see around them, making the driving trecherous. We finally get a warm spell to melt those banks and now we're told to expect between 15-25 cm's of the white crap between this evening and tomorrow morning. I hate snow! Hate Hate Hate it! Enough already, lol!

This weekend turned out to be fantastic, which is just what I needed. It's no secret that I've haven't been feeling the best this past week, so the great weekend brought me up a knotch. Tomorrow is "D" day for me at work, the day I bid for my next round of shits, I mean shifts, which will start on March 1. Until I bid, I'll still won't be feeling too fabulous. I probably won't be feeling too fabulous after I bid either, if I get the shifts that I'm told to expect :(. We'll have to wait and see. I just hate that after 8 years with the company, I mean nothing to them. I'm just a number. I've thought a lot about possibly switching to the customer service department to get some decent hours, but my inital estimated loss of income of $50 a month is more like $100 a month, so I don't know if I can swing it. I'm broke all the time now, so I just don't know. Anyway, enough work crap.

Friday night Ryan and I went to Shane and Val's. Mike was there too. It was Valerie's birthday earlier in the week and Shane got her a guitar for her birthday. She's been wanting to learn how to play for a while, so he got her what she needed to start :). Mike and I played her guitar for a while and we sang a couple of songs. In the later part of the evening, once the beverages started kicking in a bit, we got to playing the really cheesy 80's music that I love. Shane shares my love of 80's music, but nobody else does, lol. So later in the night when the beer is doing it's work, THEN we get to listen to the 80's music, lol.

Saturday Ryan and I both slept and hate a late breakfast. We then spent the majority of the afternoon setting up new components to our entertainment center. We now have a great sound system for watching movies and playing cd's. It's all older, used stuff, but it all works good and sounds good :). Saturday evening we got a couple of subs from Greco for supper and a few movies from Jumbo and spent a quiet evening home. I love nights like that.

Sunday I made french toast for breakfast and then went up to my parent's place to spend the day with them, do laundry and then have Sunday supper with them. I went home and put my laundry away and then went out to Ryan's parent's place for the night. They're away down south now, so we're retreating to their house again at times this winter.

No comments: