Monday, August 20, 2007

Fabulous Weekend!

What a great weekend I've had...despite ending it by getting a cold, lol.

Friday I left work on my lunch break at 4 p.m. Ryan showed up at the house when he got off work with beautiful flowers for me. He also gave me a card and a huge spa package that I have to take in 4 sessions! It includes absolutely everything - designer hair cut and hair treatments, massage, facial, waxing, pedicure, and more stuff that I'm forgetting about, lol.

I was then taken out for super by Ryan. We tried the new place on Main Street - Jives. That place is very overrated and I can't see it staying in business long. It was very overpriced, the food's taste wasn't overly wow-ing, and the portions were very, very small. For example, Ryan got stuffed sole. It was the size of if you put two fish sticks side by side. It was supposed to be stuffed with shrimp and it had one little tiny canned shrimp in it. His baked potato looked like it had been sitting around for about a week, lol. I had fish n chips. It had too much batter and it was cooked too long, so it was hard. The atmosphere was nice though, lol.

After supper we stopped at the liquor store where Ryan treated me to my liquor for the night. We then went to Shane and Valerie's and had lots of laughs and some birthday cake. It was a great night!

Saturday I was feeling the effects of partying hard the night before, lol, so it took me a while to get up and around and motivated, lol. I finally got around to making breakfast for us and then Ryan and I then went for a drive. We got Chinese food for supper and then went to Geary to the Speedway to take in some stock car racing. My brother works on a two car team there, so it was nice to go down and see him there. It was freezing and damp that evening though and it's left me with a cold and a bit of a sore throat.

Yesterday was laundry day at my parent's place and my parents and my brother took me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday as well. I wanted to go to the Sucoma Grill in the same plaza where Canadian Tire and Winners are. Ryan and I went there for his birthday and it was really good. We get there and the place is closed down! We went to Pizza Hut instead and then back to my parent's place for cake and gifts. My brother got me a DVD set and a gift certificate. My parents gave me a curling iron and a garden hose (I needed one...mine broke) and some money.

I have the best family and boyfriend ever! I was spoiled rotten this birthday!

No comments: