Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Overwith Already! :(

Another great weekend overwith too quickly! They just never are long enough! The weather this past weekend was spectacular! I've been so sick of winter sticking around, so it was so nice to enjoy the sunshine!

Friday night I went up to visit my Mom after I got off work. My brother and my Dad had gone to Moncton for the car show and my Mom had been by herself all evening, so I stopped in for a visit. My brother and my Dad arrived home shortly afterwards, so I got to chat with them for a bit too. Ryan stayed home after he got off work on Friday night and watched the hockey game. He had to work Saturday morning and just took it easy on Friday.

Saturday morning my brother called me and asked me if I wanted to go to the market. I told him sure as I had been off Weight Watchers for 3 weeks now (I know, I know) so I might as well take advantage of this last cheat weekend, lol (I'm back on track today). After the market my brother and I headed to Walmart to purchase a gift for our friends Derek and Shelly, who just had a new baby girl (Olivia) at the beginning of last week. We went halves on a baby swing for them.

When I got back to my place Ryan called me and told me that he was going for a cruise on his motorcycle and asked me if I'd like to have a BBQ for supper. I told him sure and he told me that he'd call me when he got back. I then went and paid some bills and went up to visit Carrie's parents and take some things up to them. I then came home and started cleaning up my yard a bit. I have big lilac bushes in my backyard and they are garbage trap. So much litter that people toss around ends up in my yard. Ryan called me while I was working outside (I took the cordless phone outside) and told me he was back and asked me if I wanted to go out to his parent's place (they were away for the weekend). I said sure and quit working outside. I am still not finished cleaning up the garbage in the bushes and I still ended up filling my Trius dolly over half way with the garbage that I did pick up.

I went inside and packed a bag, then headed out and stopped at the liquor store and picked up some beer for Ryan and I. When I got to the house he had supper all cooked for us. He made potato skins for an appetizer, potatoes on the BBQ, BBQ steak, BBQ shrimp and a salad. I was totally impressed and couldn't believe the meal he pulled off for us! It tasted so good too! We then just relaxed for the evening and watched a few movies on the movie channel.

Sunday morning we got up and made a big breakfast. We then decided to go for a drive from there. We headed off in the car and ended up driving through Nackawic, Temperance Vale and came down on the opposite side of the river. We then went to Dairy Queen for an ice cream when we got back to Fredericton. I then went home to my place and picked up the baby swing that my brother and I bought for baby Olivia and then went over to visit them. She is so sweet and very tiny at just 6lbs and 2 oz.

After visiting with the baby, I went to my parent's place for dinner and then back home to my place for the evening. Angela then came over and we watched the Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives and had a few treats.

I'm sad to be back to work today with the expected temperature for today being +26! I'm missing out on prime tanning weather! HAHA.

No comments: