Monday, April 30, 2007

Sad Weekend

Another weekend quickly overwith. I didn't do too much this weekend, so this won't be a very exciting blog entry, lol.

Friday night after I got off work, Ryan met me at the house and I quickly scarfed down some supper and we then went to Shane and Valerie's house for the evening. Ryan plays poker at Shane's house quite regularly on Friday nights with the boys, so this was a rare occasion that Shane and Valerie and Ryan and I hung out for the evening. We stayed until after 2 a.m. playing card games and reminising about our younger years (we all went to junior high and high school together).

Saturday morning (more like afternoon, we didn't get up and around until about noon) I made Ryan and I, a big breakfast. We just sat down to eat when my mother called me. She had bad news. My aunt Sandra had passed away the night before. She had had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago, but was getting better, so her death was a complete surprise.

My Dad is currently away on business right now. He helps organize a large convention annually and it just so happened to fall on yesterdays date until mid-week. He had to go where he is so involved with it, so my brother and I are helping my mother with as much as we can during this difficult time.

I'm doing alright as is the rest of my family. I'm just really sad and feel bad. It has been a little while since I'd seen my aunt Sandra and now she's gone. I'm just playing a game of the "coulda, woulda, shoulda's" right now. I think everyone does that though after someone dies.

No comments: