Friday, November 30, 2007

A Weekend I've Been Waiting For...

I've been looking forward to this weekend for quite a while now, so I'm very happy that it's here! For one, today is pay day! I have been so freaking broke that it's not even funny. When I got paid two weeks ago, it was completely gone in a matter of 2 or 3 days. I had my car payment, all of my utilities and not mention some Christmas shopping that took care of that paycheque. I have been scrapping by waiting to get to today, to get some more money my way. Granted that things will still be very tight for a while now, it's good to know that I have some money today to go buy a few groceries with.

Ryan is heading to Sugarloaf this weekend. He's going on a group trip with the ski patrol he volunteers for. Since there's no snow here and the ski patrol isn't really doing any patrolling, they organized a trip to Sugarloaf. Our good friend Troy (who isn't on the patrol) is going too, so Ryan will have a blast I'm sure. Troy knows someone else who is on the patrol and is going as their guest. I didn't want to go as Ryan's guest because a) Money is tight and b) I don't ski and never will, lol.

Given that I'll have the whole weekend to myself, I plan on getting a lot of done. I'll be able to do all of my errands, do the mountain of laundry that's piling up, finish up my Christmas shopping, wrap the rest of the Christmas presents and most importantly - decorate for Christmas!

I have been waiting to decorate and put my tree up for a long time! I almost gave in and started decorating last weekend because Santa Claus came to town with the parade, but I held off. I told myself that I wasn't going to put anything up until the first of December (for risk of being made fun of like years past, lol). Well December 1st just so happened to fall on a Saturday this year, so this worked out perfectly! Ryan will be surprised when he comes home to a house full of decorations and the tree up! LOL!

No comments: