Another weekend in the books. Hard to believe that this coming weekend is the Santa Claus parade. It's be Christmas before you know it!
This weekend wasn't overly eventfull, but it was nice. Friday night I picked Valerie up after supper and we went to the craft fair at the market. There were all kinds of beautiful things there that I would have loved to get, but I didn't want to spend a small fortune there and my house is also very tiny, so I don't exactly have a lot of room to put a lot of stuff. I did buy a metal star.
Saturday Ryan got up early for work and I got up at the same time and went up to my parents house and did my laundry up early. After lunch I went and paid my bills and did a bit of Christmas shopping. I'm up to I'd say 90% done now! I even wrapped a bit of it on Saturday.
Saturday night Ryan and I rented Oceans 13. Ryan fell asleep about 10 minutes into the movie and I watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it. Normally the movies that Ryan picks out, I don't particulary enjoy, but I did this one.
Yesterday I slept in and then Carrie called me and we talked on the phone for over an hour. It had been a couple of weeks since we'd last talked on the phone, so it was good to chat with her. I went up to my parent's place for our traditional Sunday supper and then went home. Ryan and I watched the Amazing Race and then he watched Oceans 13 (it was a two day rental) and I went to bed.
Today after work I'm going out for supper with my friend Shelly. I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks, since Carrie was last home, and it has been a while since she and I have done anything together just the two of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey kelly. thanks for the wise words. k feels the same way i do. we did nothing wrong, however things were misinterpretted, and now someone is hurt and angry with us. strange turn of events i have to say. 4 years ago, stuff like this would have me in my bed for a week, unable to function. now in my stronger self, the clean and sober self, i understand that we did no wrong, and as in choice theory,,,,you can only control how you react, not any body else,,,,i'll just see where it goes from here.
meanwhile, how are things? ssdd? when we get the house put back in order after all the painting, will you come over for a visit? sure miss seeing you. we may not have ever talked much at work, more on line, and only sat 10 pods apart, but be nice to see you.
take care, ok?
Post a Comment