Our plane tickets are now booked! Woohoo! Ryan confirmed our booking on Friday afternoon, so we'll be Arizona and California bound before we know it! Next year is shaping up to be a busy year so far!
Friday after work I went and picked up a turkey at my brother's house. His old roommate had left one in the deep freeze and my brother was getting tired of looking at it and asked me if I'd cook it for him. I told him I would if I could have some of the meat off of it, to which he said sure. I went back home and then Ryan got home from work. I made a quick batch of cookies before we headed over to Shane and Valerie's for the evening. Val and the kids were coming to my house the following day for the Santa Claus parade, since it goes right by my street when it's on the Northside every other year.
Saturday I got up fairly early, threw the turkey in the oven and started cleaning the house. My brother called and said that the SPCA were doing pet photos with Santa and wanted to know if I wanted to go with him while he took his bulldog Mack. I took a quick drive with him down to Green Village where the photos were being taken and then back to the house to remove the beast from my oven. I carved up the turkey and then made a hearty turkey soup. Val and the kids showed up shortly afterwards and we walked to the end of my street to watch the parade. The parade was nice, but it was so freakin cold out! We hurried back to the house as soon as it was over and tried to defrost with some hot chocolate. I was frozen the whole night and still couldn't seem to get warm even the next day!
Yesterday I went back down to Green Village with my brother to pick up the pictures of his dog and then up to mom and dad's to do laundry and have Sunday supper with them. After I got back home I had a shower and got things in order to start a new work week. Ryan and I watched the Amazing Race and after that was over, he wanted to watch the end of the Grey Cup that was on. I have absolutely no interest in football, so I went upstairs and crawled into bed to watch Desperate Housewives. I fell asleep half way through the episode, so I'm a little upset with myself as the previews looked like the episode was going to be really good, and of course all the good stuff happens in the last half of an episode.
Tonight I'm going Christmas shopping with my Dad. Each year I go with him and help him pick out things for my mother - who is the world's hardest person to shop for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment