A weekend I was looking forward to turned into a miserable weekend for me. The weekend started out wonderfully, but I am currently battling a cold/flu and not liking it one bit.
Friday I went up to my parent's place after work and did my laundry. I left their place while a load of laundry was in the dryer and headed out to finish my Christmas shopping. I only had a few things left to get and I am happy to report that I am completely done all of my Christmas shopping. I'm finished picking out gifts for everyone (I'm finished wrapping those gifts too), I'm finished shopping for stocking stuffers and I'm finished shopping for Christmas goodies - i.e. chocolates and other treats for the coffee table for Christmastime.
I went back to my parent's place, loaded up my laundry and then headed home. I went down to the basement and brought up all of the boxes labelled "Christmas" and decided I'd tackle them the next day.
Saturday morning my dad and I went to a couple of Christmas bazaars and I helped him finish his shopping for my mother. I went home and began unpacking the Christmas boxes and started decorating. After I put up all of my decorations, I began to tackle my Christmas tree. I took it out of the box and after some aggrevation and a few choice words, I had it up. Now when I brought up all of the Christmas boxes from the basement, I felt like I was missing one. Well, I was and it was the most important one. The box with the majority of my tree ornaments was missing. I scoured and tore apart my basement (which isn't that big) from one end to the other and the box with my Christmas ornaments is gone. I have no idea where it could have gone to. It's a mystery and I'm still upset at the loss of the ornaments I've collected over the past 5 Christmases I've had at my own house. So yes, I had to go out and purchase all new ornaments for my tree...an unexpected expense that has put me over budget, so here's to scraping by for another couple of weeks until next pay day! Luckily my tree topper (which I love) and about a dozen other tree items (like ribbon, icicles, etc.) were packed in the box that held the tree skirt and our stockings, so I still have those items. My tree looks great, but I'm a little sad when I look at it and I remember this ornament or that ornament, how I received it and that it's gone now.
Sunday I woke up not feeling so great. I didn't think anything of it because sometimes the electric heat does make me feel this way when I get up in the morning. It usually passes after about a half an hour or so after I get up. Not yesterday, I was miserable all day. I layed like a lump on the couch all frigging day. Luckily one of my favorite shows "Jon and Kate plus 8" was on a marathon on TLC, so I watched numerous hours of that yesterday, lol. I was thankfull that I got sick yesterday while I was off work, but not happy to be sick. When I went to bed last night, I looked at myself in the mirror and freaked out a bit because my face looked swollen and droopy. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something, so I took a benadryl before going to bed.
I do feel a bit better today, although my face is still looking droopy. I'm still a bit snotty and achy, but I came to work anyway. I'm trying to conserve my sick time incase I need to be "sick" over the holidays if I get drafted to work. I may opt to go home on my lunch break as I probably shouldn't be here feeling the way I do and my achy-ness is increasing.
Ryan is coming home today from Sugarloaf. I've missed him being away for 4 days, but I'm glad he wasn't home yesterday, lol. When I'm sick I just want to be by myself. I don't want anyone around me at all, so I was glad to have the house to myself to mope in yesterday. We're supposed to get dumped with upwards of 30 cm's of snow between now and this time tomorrow. I hope they get home safely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awwe....I bet It was those nasty neighbors of yours that took em......hope you feel better soon!!! I miss talkin to you!!!
Post a Comment