Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend Update

With the time change yesterday and us gaining an extra hour, you'd think that this would be a Monday morning where I would feel very well rested, but I feel just as tired as every other Monday, lol.

Friday night I went up to my parent's house after supper to do two quick loads of laundry. My mom informed me that my second cousin had died tragically earlier that afternoon. The amount of cousins that I have on my mother's side is huge, so I didn't really know this cousin, but it's still very sad to think of how he passed away. It's all I've been thinking about all weekend.

After I finished up my laundry I went home and put it all away. Ryan picked me up and we went to Shane and Valerie's for the evening. We had shared some good laughs and a few beers and took a cab home at about 2:30 a.m.

Saturday I took Ryan to Shane's to pick up his car as he had CPR training all afternoon and I then took my mom for groceries. She doesn't drive and my father was in Bangor with my brother for the day. Valerie and the kids then picked me up later in the afternoon and we went to the craft fair on the Exhibition grounds. It was the first time that I'd seen the kids since we were camping with them in August, as they're always in bed when Ryan and I go over on the weekends. It was good to see them and they were very well behaved while Val and I browsed the crafts.

Ryan came home from CPR training and we had supper. We then decided to go out to his parent's house for the night. They were supposed to be coming home from Victoria on Saturday night but their flight was cancelled until today. We drove up the hill and in the short amount of time it took us to get up the hill the effects of hurrican Noel were in full force. The rain was pelting down and the wind was whipping! We stopped at Zellers in the Fredericton Mall for a few things and got drenched!

Sunday the wind had died down substantially from the night before, but it was still strong. We decided to go for a drive in the afternoon. We went out to Mactaquac, up to Bear Island, across the Scotch Lake Road, through Springfield, Staple Settlement, Zealand, Hanesville, Burtts Corner, Keswick and then home to Nasis. When we got home to my house, my Dad and my brother were there. My Dad was up on a ladder and I was wondering what the heck was going on. It seems that during the storm last night, a big bunch of metal flashing that was along the roof blew loose and my Dad was up on the ladder pulling the rest of what was left loose of it, off the house. He had said that there were 4 or 5 pieces of it that had blown into my backyard and one huge piece of it. It's a miracle that none of it hit my car as it blew past it. Here I was worried that my milk can that is on the porch would blow off and into my car. I should have been more worried about stuff blowing off the house, lol!

I then went up to Mom and Dad's for traditional Sunday supper. After supper I headed out to Ryan's parent's place again and we watched the premiere of the Amazing Race. I love that show and am so glad that it's back. I had heard that they weren't bringing it back, but apparantly that rumour wasn't true.

No comments: