Friday, October 12, 2007

Riki's, Here I Come!

Short week almost over! Weekend's almost here! It was so nice to only have to work four days this week, instead of five. Then I'll work five days next week and have a week off for vacation! That and Carrie is coming home that same week that I am off! I'm so excited! This will however be her final visit home before the baby is born (due January 7th). I'm hoping that I'll have enough Air Miles to fly up and see her after the baby comes. As off right now I need exactly 200 Air Miles. I'm not sure if I can pull it off, but I'm hoping so. I've got my parents and my brother collecting for me too and I am making a point to shop at stores where you can collect Air Miles as opposed to ones you can't.

Yesterday was a hard day at work. It seemed that every annoying person who wanted to know every little nit-picky thing was calling. I felt like I was listening to nails down a chalk board all day. Then something cool happened. My message light lit up, I called and was asked to come to the promotions area. I went up and it turns out that I won a gift certificate for Riki's/Bootlegger. It couldn't have come at a better time, because I desperately need long sleeved shirts. I bought some new fall/winter clothing last year when I started losing weight because my "fat"clothes were getting too big. Now this year the new clothes that I bought last year are getting too big, so they need to be replaced. It's both a good and a bad thing at the same time. I'm happy to still be shedding the pounds, but it's hard on the pocket book to keep dishing out the quid for new duds. The gift certificate isn't a huge amount, but I'm hoping to stretch it far enough to get a couple of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have the same dilemma about clothes. the new job is demanding, and i work (physically) hard. the scales don't say much, but my clothes fit (or don't fit) the same. until i get to a reasonable wieght, new clothes shopping isn't an option, so i hit valu-village or jinglers, places like that. good stuff for cheap. my favorite price.

sorry work is hard on the head, i still think about it, and only stuff i miss are the friends i made there, the regluar pay and of course, the medical benefits. this independent contractor stuff is expensive, but it got me outta headset hell. take care, kelly, i am still reading, might not always comment, but still reading.

god bless the little red light.