Friday, October 19, 2007

One More Day Til I'm Free Of Work For A Week!

One more day of work and it's vacation time! I can't freaking wait to log out and be rid of work for a whole week. I haven't had any vacation time since the first week of June, so this is well needed. The weather was still chilly and not "summer" weather when I was off in June, so it was very hard to go all summer and not have any week's vacation in there.

My week of vacation is at a great time too - Carrie will be here tomorrow! I'm so excited! It's not by accident though that she's going to be here the same week I'm off. See, for the past three years I've gone up to visit her in Ontario during this same week in October. It's Pumpkinfest in her town this weekend, which is a huge event and I've gone up to visit her during that week. Once I found out she was pregnant, I knew I wouldn't be able to afford to go up to see her this upcoming week and after the baby was born, so she decided to come to Fredericton during the week I booked off to originally go and see her and I'm heading up her way in early February after the baby arrives.

There are no real plans for the week off. We're thinking of doing some day trips and I've got some errands to do too while I'm off. I need to get my oil changed and my car inspected and I'm dropping off my application for a passport too, so Ryan and I can take our trip to Arizona in April. I got my passport pictures taken on Wednesday after my hair appointment and let me tell ya, they are gorgeous! HAHA, of course I'm being sarcastic, they are absolutely horrific. Then again, does anyone ever take a good passport picture?

Speaking of the hair appointment, it wasn't completely disasterous, but I will not be making this place my salon of choice. The package that Ryan got me for my birthday is a four visit deal. The first visit it says you get hair consultation and a designer cut, shampooing, deep conditioning, scalp massage, blow dry and style. I was at the place for a total of 20 minutes, so do you think I got all that? Ah no. I get there and she takes me to wash my hair with shampoo - no deep conditioning treatment. And I guessing the "scalp massage" was her washing my hair, lol. I go to her chair and she asks me what I want done to my hair. I was all "Ah...I dunno" because I thought I was supposed to get hair consultation and a designer cut. I said "Well, I don't want to go super short and I don't want bangs, so I guess whatever you think from there".

She cut a couple of inches off and gave me layers...which I had to begin with, so I basically got a "trim". She then started blow drying my hair and said "this is just a quick blow dry, for $10 I can fully dry it and style it". I was thinking to myself "Huh? This is nuts, they're going to send me home with wet hair unless I pay 10 more bucks"? I was a little fed up at the sh*ttyness of the value of the package deal, so I told her "No, just do what comes with the package". So yes, my hair was still somewhat wet and not styled at all when I left the place. I don't think I looked any better, and maybe even a little worse off, then when I had first arrived there. Honestly, it doesn't even really look like I got my hair cut either. Ryan didn't notice, I had to say "What do you think of the hair cut" with a smirk and he said "It honestly doesn't look any different" and he's right, it doesn't really. Ah well, it didn't cost me anything other than the "gratuitie" that wasn't included in the package. I guess that's why they stress that "gratuities" aren't included in the package, because they suck and you wouldn't give them one voluntarily, lol. We'll see how the rest of the visits go. I honestly don't really want to go to them, but since Ryan already paid for them, I kind of have to.

No comments: