Right from the get go, today has been and will continue to be a busy day. I'm tired and have huge bags under my eyes too, so that ain't helping things, lol.
I had a bath last night early in the evening. I got out of the tub at around 7:30 and the phone rang. It was Ryan. I was surprised because on Tuesday evenings he has training for Crabbe Mountain Ski Patrol. He was on a break and was calling me to ask me if I wanted to meet him out at his parent's house at 9 when he was finished, since they left for Victoria earlier that day. We both enjoy spending time together at his parent's gorgeous home, but I wasn't sure I wanted to head out. My hair was wet, I had my pajamas on, it's a 20 minute drive out of town and not to mention that I would have to get up that extra 20 minutes early in the morning to drive to work. He twisted my arm (lol) and out I went.
We didn't do too much, watched some tv and talked. At 10:30 I decided it was time to go to bed since I had to get an earlier start and I was yawning like every 2 minutes at that point, lol. I was out pretty much as soon as my head hit the pillow. Even though it was only 20 minutes earlier that I got up this morning, it felt like it was 2 hours earlier than usual.
So I got ready for work and managed to squeak in something quick to eat for breakfast. Out to my car I went and it had ice on it. Yes, ice. Not the regular moisture that has been on cars in the morning for the past couple of weeks. Ice. Frig. I dunno if it was because I was out the Hanwell and at a higher elevation than in the city or what, but there was frigging ice on my car. I didn't have my snow brush/scrapper in my car yet. Frig again. So I sat in my car for what felt like forever with the vents turned up full tilt waiting for the windows to clear off.
Like the majority of the working world out there, I need to have a coffee every morning to get me going and ready for the day's work. Since I was out at Ryan's parent's place all night, this threw my morning routine completely off so I opted to treat myself to a coffee from Tim Horton's this morning. I never have Tim Horton's coffee, I actually prefer "home brew" lol, but the thought of not having to actually make a pot of coffee this morning was nice. Even though it wasn't busy, I decided to skip the Tim Hortons on the Hanwell and opted to stop at the one that's close to my work. This particular Tim Hortons is located in a strip mall with the drive through operating behind the mall. So I pull into the mall and start to drive around the building to approach the drive through. I get to the back of the building and the cars are lined up the complete length of the building. I couldn't believe it was that busy! This was before 7 a.m. people. I could see if it was just before 8 a.m., but before 7 a.m. - holy crap! I needed my coffee fix and any time I've opted to not go through a drive though and go inside the store instead, it's always taken longer inside than in the drive through, so I waited patiently in the drive through line. While I was waiting, I was watching the advertising monitor. One ad that it showed was that for 25 cents you could add a pumpkin spice flavour shot to any beverage. Since I love pumpkin flavouring, I decided that I would try it. I got my coffee and drove to work with the warm aroma of pumpkin pie filling my car. I couldn't wait to get inside of work and crack open that coffee. Let me tell ya, I was disappointed. It sure smelled good, but it didn't taste any different than what a coffee with no "flavour shot" would have tasted like. How disappointing.
As soon as I get off work tonight, I have to to head to the salon for 5 p.m. to get the first of my four spa sessions that Ryan got me for my birthday. Yes I know my birthday was back in August, but I'm just getting around to getting this done now. The salon is so anal with their "rules" for this package too. You have to schedule your appointment atleast a week in advance, you have to allow atleast a week before each session, blah, blah, blah. There is seriously a big list of rules on the back of the spa certificate. Not to mention the big cautionary line that "gratuities are extra". That peeves me off. To me a "gratuitie" or "tip" is something to offer someone for a job well done. This is a reward you offer for exceptional service. It bugs me that you are required to offer this reward regardless of the service you receive. I know that Ryan paid a lot of money for this package, so it bugs me knowing that they expect more money on top of what he paid for it. Mind you I always do tip a hair stylist for a job well done, so it probably would have happened anyway, but just the notion of being required to do it bugs the heck out of me.
Anyway, tonight's session is "hair" and the certificate says that I'll be getting a designer hair cut. I'm both nervous and excited for this. I am looking forward to a new hair style, but I don't want them to hack off a bunch of my hair. It's taken me a couple of years to grow it back and I want to keep some of it's length. We shall see what happens. After getting my hair "did", I'm going to try and swing by the SuperStore and get my passport picture taken. I want to submit my passport application next week while I'm off and free during the day to do so and I need to get my guarantor to sign not only the application but my passport photo, so I have to get that done a.s.a.p.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment