What a busy weekend but it flew by so quickly! It was great to have the extra day off in there as well, to shorten the work week.
Friday night Ryan and I went to Shane and Valerie's house for a few drinks. We ended up staying at chatting with them until past 3 a.m! That's the latest I think we've ever stayed there...and we weren't even playing poker or anything. I was exhausted to say the least, having gotten up at quarter after 6 Friday morning to go to to work and then not getting into bed until almost 4 a.m.
Saturday we slept in and I did some housework and then headed off to my parent's house in the evening to do laundry. Ryan headed downtown with some buddies who were celebrating one of the guys' last night of freedom - his wife is expected to give birth any day now. While at the bar, Ryan ran into his brother and some people from the wedding that his brother was in and ended up going to an after party with them.
Sunday was turkey dinner # 1. We went to Ryan's parent's house for the first installment of turkey dinners and dinned with Ryan's parents, his brother Brad and Brad's girlfriend Aimee. We stuffed our bellies, sat around and talked and watched a little TV and then Ryan and I and Brad and Aimee went to the movies and saw Good Luck Chuck. It was surprisingly not that bad of a movie.
Monday was turkey dinner # 2. Monday I cooked us breakfast and then Ryan went golfing at lunch time with his Dad and brother. I made a dish for Thanksgiving dinner with my parents (candied sweet potatoes) and just "chillaxed" in the afternoon while Ryan was golfing. He got back mid-afternoon and we went to my parent's place for dinner. Dinner was very tasty, but the evening was slightly foiled by my parent's dog and my brother's dog who are nuts...and embarrassing...and kept relieving themselves on the floor. That evening reaffirmed to me why I do not want a dog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment