Friday, October 5, 2007

Happy Turkey Weekend!

Woohoo! Long weekend, here I come...after I put in 8 hours at work today that is. I'm so looking forward to having an extra day off this weekend. It's been a long week at work with the new computer system. I'll be on vacation in two weeks too, so I'm happy about that. Carrie is coming home again that week and then that will be her final visit until after she gives birth. I can't wait to see her.

This weekend will bring lots of eats...after I've been going 3 weeks strong with Weight Watchers. I hate to "cheat" this weekend, but it is turkey weekend and it's not like I can say no.

Ryan and I may be going to Shane and Val's tonight. We haven't hung out with them since Harvest Jazz and Blues weekend, so it's been a while. I hope we are able to make it over there tonight, but it depends on what's going on with Ryan and his brother being home, etc.

Tomorrow will be sleep-in day and I plan on heading to the mall at some point to finally get around to spending my gift certificate that Carrie gave me for my birthday in August. It's not often that I go to the mall, so it does involve me having to make an effort to do go, lol. I'm also going to try and get a passport picture taken somewhere and get moving with my passport application so we can book our trip to Arizona for the spring.

Sunday will be Turkey Dinner #1. The first round of turkey will be at Ryan's parent's place. It's the first time I will actually have dinner with his family, so I'm a little nervous. Yes, I know that sounds weird that after 4 years of us being together I've never had dinner with them before. Keep in mind that they live in Arizona during the winter, so they're only in town for half of the year. The time that they are here, they are always on the go, travelling locally, etc., so they're rarely around. I'm sure it will be lovely and it will be nice to have the whole family together while Ryan's brother and girlfriend are home from Newfoundland.

Monday will be Turkey Dinner # 2. Dinner number two will be at my parent's place with Ryan joining us. Turkey Dinner is my absolute favorite meal, but even I'm wondering if I'll be sick of it after two seatings of it in a row, lol. My mom pulls of an amazing turkey dinner though, so I'm sure that won't happen. Now, if I can only keep myself away from the desserts. Yah, like that will happen!

Enjoy your turkey lurkey day wherever you may celebrate it!

No comments: