Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh The Drama!

Tuesday already, wow. Yesterday went by extremely fast for me, so here's hoping that the rest of the week does too! I rediscovered Facebook at work (muhahahaha) thanks to my coworker "Poet" and can now hack in, in a secret way. Mind you it's a half-a$$ version and doesn't have the full advantages of logging into Facebook regularly, but I'll take what I can get, right.

So last weekend was Angela's stagette. For me to say I had a fantastic time would be a lie. A simple, honest mistake that I made at the end of the evening, led to a few people getting mad at me-which was complete bull$hit. I apologized for my honest mistake, however am left feeling that I'm not believed. I also learned that someone was backstabbing me and deliberately trying to make me look bad through lies, so needless to say I don't have much use for that person anymore. I can smile and nod and play nice for now to get through this week. After this week, my contact with this person will become extremely limited.

It sucks when people act so childish and deliberately hurt others to make themselves look better.

I've learned recently from someone that the secret of life is to turn everything into a positive. That person's message has really stuck with me and I've been trying to adapt that philosphy to my life. Applying it to the situation I just described above, my positive spin on it is that I learned about this backstabber's true colors now, rather than say a couple years down the road when say we may both have children involved their own friendships along sides ours and then said backstabber did something that tore away not only my friendship but our children's. It sounds stupid, but it's my "positive" that's getting me through this, lol.

No comments: